Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Character Sheet

Character Sheet

Hi all,

Has anyone used a Character sheet of Fantasy Grounds in a presential table roleplay? Is usable?

I want to know if I can use FG in my laptop like other people use Hero Lab with an iPad.

I think this could be an added value to use this program.

You could certainly do that. Fantasy grounds doesn't have much of the built-in automation/computation that Hero Lab has, but it would still be a step up from paper and pencil.

Thanks .. I usually use PCgen in my computer to create PFS sheets... and now I will use in my tablet.

I think this could be a good update for FG.

Quote Originally Posted by newBee View Post
    Thanks .. I usually use PCgen in my computer to create PFS sheets... and now I will use in my tablet.

I think this could be a good update for FG.
    Can you clarify what this update would be? If you mean allow PCGen characters to be imported into FG then this is available now via the Character Converter that comes with Fantasy Grounds. See the "Importing your PC from PCGen" here: https://www.fg-con.com/information/p...ntasy-grounds/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think that only have to use Fantasy Frounds to play online and have your character sheets to play in table (like: https://www.wolflair.com/hero_lab/images/ipad_main.png) could be an added value to buy the software. This was just an idea.

No, I read his original post as wanting to use FG on his tablet at the table. Which unless the Unity re-write SERIOUSLY cuts down on the system requirements I don't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    No, I read his original post as wanting to use FG on his tablet at the table. Which unless the Unity re-write SERIOUSLY cuts down on the system requirements I don't see it happening.
    From post #1: "I want to know if I can use FG in my laptop like other people use Hero Lab with an iPad."

@newBee - plenty of people use Fantasy Grounds at the table for face-to-face game. However it is usually the GM who uses it - so they can use the combat tracker, NPCs, perhaps share maps via a second screen, etc..

There's nothing stopping you using Fantasy Grounds as a player at the table just to manage your character sheet, make rolls, etc.. You could do this through the "Manage Characters" option (which now can be used with a free license). But if you wanted to use effects (for example, buffs) you'd need a minimum of a full license to do this as a campaign with a combat tracker.

Keep in mind that most rulesets aren't designed to be character generators - they don't validate your data like PCGen, HeroLabs, etc. would.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ahh, my bad missed my reading comprehension test.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post

There's nothing stopping you using Fantasy Grounds as a player at the table just to manage your character sheet, make rolls, etc.. You could do this through the "Manage Characters" option (which now can be used with a free license). But if you wanted to use effects (for example, buffs) you'd need a minimum of a full license to do this as a campaign with a combat tracker.
    I would add to that - There's nothing to stop you from connecting to a GM host on a local network and using FG to it's full advantage.

Thread Information