5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I see that these issues are still ongoing. The website has been down several times over the last few days. Not accessing the website is fine, but I us it to capture my external I.P. address. So being an internet noob, what do I do when I attempt to run my FG game and the site is down? Can I use a website like whatismyipaddress.com to determine my public i.p. address, and share that with the players? (I have a dynamic internet connection with portforwarding set up, thanks to one of the community members.)

Thanks,
    Kevin

Kevin

Blog Entries
    Kevin,

Yes, you can use any site like that to determine your external IP address and send it out.

~P

Thanks, I will do that.

K.

Or, before you start your game, on the "Load Campaign" screen click the "Click to retrieve" section of the "External" address information and FG should tell you your external address.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Or, before you start your game, on the "Load Campaign" screen click the "Click to retrieve" section of the "External" address information and FG should tell you your external address.
    Except, of course, when the website is down (see my earlier post). Then it just says "Error" in red font.

I use WhatsMyIP.org cause it's less typing. Plus I prefer org over com in this case. I'll admit I prefer my regular groups to be not dependant on Smitework's server.

Thread Information