FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Blog Entries

Fantasy Grounds donation page for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals

Help raise funds for Extra-Life.org and the Children's Miracle Network Hospital network. I've set up a personal funding page for Fantasy Grounds with a goal of $2500. Follow the link to participate and you could be eligible for some rewards for your generosity.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/FantasyGrounds

Dear Fantasy Grounds community,

I'm joining Wizards of the Coast on a mission to save kids and we need your help. My local Children's Miracle Network Hospital treats thousands of children each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few. I've personally selected Kosair Children's Hospital as my local CMN Hospital and they do an amazing job for children in this region. Some of this text is standard boiler-plate text provided by Extra-Life; however, I personally know what these children and parents are going through. One of my best friends lost his little boy to cancer. To this day, it still greatly bothers me that he was not able to be saved.

On October 25, 2014, I'll be participating in this huge worldwide celebration of the social impact of gamers of all kinds from video games to board games and tabletop RPG's! It's my sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support my efforts with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to my hospital.

Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.

I need your help to reach my goal For The Kids. Please make a safe, easy donation online today. Click the "Support This Participant" button on this page to get started. Thank you so much for supporting my efforts!

To further encourage donations for such a lofty goal, the donaters on this page with the top 5 donations will be selected to participate in an online game session hosted by me over Fantasy Grounds. I will provide pre-gen characters and pick the system. With enough input, I may be swayed to one of a few choices. So far, I'm leaning towards either D&D 5E, Pathfinder or Deadlands Reloaded, since these are the game systems I'm most familiar with running.

On top of that, for every $1K raised, I'll plan to create a new map given out for free for all Fantasy Grounds full and Ultimate license holders. I may even be lucky enough to sweet talk Zeph into making a map instead, since his maps are fantastic.

Blog Entries
    I'd be honoured to help support such a worthy cause. You can count on my support Doug.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'd be honoured to help support such a worthy cause. You can count on my support Doug.
    Thanks Zeus, I didn't want to take you for granted, but I'm not surprised either.

Blog Entries
    Let's sweeten the pot further and help shape the game I will run on October 25th:

Choose one or more of the items below equal to your contribution

Donate $50 - Name an NPC. Send in your name and I'll link it with an NPC for when I run the game on the 25th. You could Bob the Goblin. You never know.

Donate $50 - Provide a healing potion in the adventure for the party members to find.

Donate $75 - Provide an insult phrase used by an NPC against the party. There may be some slight censoring here, but I'll try to accomodate as much as possible.

Donate $100 - Design a Trap or Choose a villain appropriate for the party level. Must be within 1 or 2 levels of the party.

Donate $150 - Create a pre-gen. I will supply the level and you can build a legitimate character for the players to choose from.

Finally, all donations made on this page flow into the Dungeons & Dragons overall fundraising goal and help unlock advanced previews of key items there and make you eligible for additional rewards from them.

Thread Information