DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Looking for Rise of the Runelords (Anniversary) Campaign Module(s)

Greetings,

I am casting about for any GM that has created RotRL (anniv.) Campaign Module(s) for FG, and would share it (them) with me. I have only tonight discovered that this is even a possibility (thanks, Trenloe!), which is unfortunate, because our game is starting this Saturday .

As I alluded to, Trenloe earlier provided me with a link to the Private sharing of PFS scenario data... thread. Excitedly, I looked through that thread, and then searched everywhere else, for anyone offering RotRL Modules (b.t.w., I own both the hard- and soft-copies of that campaign).

I found that user kane280484, in the Rise of the Runelords thread offered Geekdomo his Burnt Offerings Module (1st 3 chapters?). In that same thread, user Callum mentioned having offered a couple of versions of the RotRL NPCs in the RotRL conversion for FGII thread: RotRAEBONPCs.zip and BurntOfferingsNPCs.zip... But then he (Callum) also mentions, "... currently I have a full Sandpoint module, and a Burnt Offerings module that is complete up to the end of the Catacombs of Wrath..." That sounds promising!

Also in that thread, Gwaihir Scout offered his Hook Mountain Massacre NPCs. And finally, in that same thread, Trashkicker says, "I have all 6 converted already, but I'm not sure of the sharing policy on this. I'm more than willing to share but I don't know if I can..." (!!!!) and also offered RotRLNPC.zip. His comment associated with this .zip file was: "I was able to export my NPCs and encounters...", so I'm not sure if this is NPCs only, or additional campaign material. Either way, his previous statement certainly sounds promising.

I'm starting to lose track of everything I've seen on this subject so far (brain.. getting.. full....), but I think users Mark of Stark, and wigwam also had some things they were working on (?)

So the point of all this is to bring together in one place what I have found on this subject so far, and also to declare my need to an appropriate audience, in the hope that someone will see it, take pity on me, and be moved to drop something good into my lap . From what I see so far, candidates for doing that include:

kane280484
    Callum
    Gwaihir-Scout
    Trashkicker
    Mark of Stark
    wigwam

I haven't PMed anyone on this list yet. I'm going to wait and see if this thread generates any activity.

Thanks for your attention.

- s.west

p.s. On a completely unrelated subject, why do I see "Fantasy Grounds" in some places, and "Fantasy Grounds II" in others?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post

p.s. On a completely unrelated subject, why do I see "Fantasy Grounds" in some places, and "Fantasy Grounds II" in others?
    It looks like you have the old version - Fantasy Grounds II is the new version.

Blog Entries
    No - I didnt mean it! For a long time the product was marketed as Fantasy Grounds II which was due to the 2nd generation engine/rulesets.
    Lats year Version 3 was released and around that time the product was simply referred to as Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    As I alluded to, Trenloe earlier provided me with a link to the Private sharing of PFS scenario data... thread. Excitedly, I looked through that thread, and then searched everywhere else, for anyone offering RotRL Modules (b.t.w., I own both the hard- and soft-copies of that campaign).

I found that user kane280484, in the Rise of the Runelords thread offered Geekdomo his Burnt Offerings Module (1st 3 chapters?). In that same thread, user Callum mentioned having offered a couple of versions of the RotRL NPCs in the RotRL conversion for FGII thread: RotRAEBONPCs.zip and BurntOfferingsNPCs.zip... But then he (Callum) also mentions, "... currently I have a full Sandpoint module, and a Burnt Offerings module that is complete up to the end of the Catacombs of Wrath..." That sounds promising!
    That's still true - in fact, I've started adding in the beginning parts of Thistletop. However, reading the original thread through to the end, it seems that the sharing permission only covered PFS scenarios. I don't know if anyone took this further and asked Paizo about sharing other materials - if so, it's not reported in that thread.

Now, I know that part of Rise of the Runelords is sanctioned for PFS use - but it's still not clear if this permission extends to that. Can anyone clear that up?

I can give you the rest of the campaign NPCs in a couple of days.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    Now, I know that part of Rise of the Runelords is sanctioned for PFS use - but it's still not clear if this permission extends to that. Can anyone clear that up?
    From wvpolarbear (a PFS online venture officer): "This sharing applies to modules, adventure paths, quests, and goblin attacks. Any pathfinder society material that involves a gm and players playing."
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

NOTE: this is private sharing of the modules between 2 GMs. Don't publicly post any modules that contain non-OGL material. As part of the agreement with Paizo, the GM requesting the FG module must provide proof that they own the product they want the FG module for. Just saying "I own it" is not enough... If you have a PDF you should have an order in your profile on Paizo.com - provide the GM with a screenshot of your order (blank out any personal info).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

swest's 'My Downloads' page from paizo.com

Posting this here for anyone that might be able to share with me. Hopefully, this shows what we need. Attachment 7648

Thanks!

- s.west

[edit] I looked back at Trenloe's recommendation for establishing ownership. I'm attaching the order page: Attachment 7660
    Last edited by swest; October 8th, 2014 at 20:40. Reason: added paizo Order page

I'm also after RotRL if there is anyone who would like to share it with me, please.

Here's my proof of ownership of the hardcopy.

Thanks.

Attachment 7761

Thread Information