FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Hello. I am having issues with my Ultimate upgrade. Last night I was hosting a game on my main PC and this morning when I started it up, it shows it as the free version. I've tried the different things posted in other threads to try and correct the problem, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with Steam as I cannot get Fantasy grounds to open the Ultimate on my laptop either even though I click on the Ultimate in steam. I've tried downloading the windows version to my desktop, but get the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunadorn View Post
    Hello. I am having issues with my Ultimate upgrade. Last night I was hosting a game on my main PC and this morning when I started it up, it shows it as the free version. I've tried the different things posted in other threads to try and correct the problem, but I'm not sure if it has something to do with Steam as I cannot get Fantasy grounds to open the Ultimate on my laptop either even though I click on the Ultimate in steam. I've tried downloading the windows version to my desktop, but get the same issue.
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

The first thing to check is that you're entering your new Utimate license key in the "License Key" field at the top of the FG settings window - see Step 3 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Setup_Tutorial After this, you must run an update (step 9).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I've entered the key several times on both my laptop and my PC. I've uninstalled Steam and re-installed. It shows the Ultimate key in Steam and I click on it, but still shows up as the free version. I've deleted the FG.exe files and reinstalled the game, but still get free version after entering the key.

I've entered the key several times on both my laptop and my PC. I've uninstalled Steam and re-installed. It shows the Ultimate key in Steam and I click on it, but still shows up as the free version. I've deleted the FG.exe files and reinstalled the game, but still get free version after entering the key.
    Make sure you're using the license key that is 5 sets of 5 alphanumeric characters, dash separated. Example: 0AB1C-2DEF3-GHIJK-L4MNO-P5678 (Example License Key). Make sure there are no spaces at the end and beginning of the key when you paste/enter it in the License Key field.

To confirm, as you don't mention running an update after entering the key. You have done a FG update after entering your key, right? No need to uninstall. If you have ran the update after entering the key in the above format, then email [email protected] with your ultimate license key and they can check it for you.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, I'll send them the issue.
    Thanks

That sounds like that might be it, but why would it affect my laptop?

Blog Entries
    Possibly you installed from this website and from Steam at different times and you may have used a different shortcut to launch than what you normally do. The second shortcut may have pointed at an unconfigured instance? The license key etc is stored in the registry but Im not sure how that is read (or not) by two different executables.
    Can you search for fantasygrounds.exe on your computer and check if you do have two instances?

I've checked and can only find one.

Did you get any information from the support email?

I've checked and can only find one.
    Start FG and click the settings window. Make a note of the “app directory” - this is where the FantasyGrounds.exe file will be installed when you run an update.

Close Fantasy Grounds. Check in Windows task manager that there is not a FantasyGrounds.exe process running. Then go to the “app directory” location you made a note of earlier and launch FantasyGrounds.exe - does it now show Ultimate?

Thread Information