Starfinder Playlist
    Blog Entries

Using a Campaign Image in an Extension

Is it possible to have an extension use an image from the campaign folder or does the load take place at the wrong time?
    I'm looking at the option of loading different GM tokens depending on the campaign.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

If it's an actual resource used by the ruleset (like a frame, the desktop, buttons, etc.) then you can't do this.

However, if it is actually a token you want to assign you can do that from a file. See this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ol-from-a-file

Or, do you mean something else by "GM tokens"?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The file name is actually portrait_gm_token.png that is replaced by the Change GM Portraits extension.. I was thinking it would be cool if you could just put the file in your campaign folder instead of in the extension.. thus making it a good bit more flexible... but that doesn't seem to work. Ideally a more complex version of the extension would allow you to change the image on the fly OR even better.. to have the portrait set for individual NPCs like it is for PCs so that portraits and tokens were different for NPCs and they could have the nice borders and all that good stuff... if they were picking up the portrait as the token.

Generally this functionality is for the chat window.. when portraits are set to 'on'. I use it to create a different 'mood' for my GM persona... for example I have a little flame icon when I'm GMing Legacy of Fire.. when I was running a postApoc game I had a nice Ghostrider image... stuff like that... in the enhanced version this might actually be the picture of whoever the GM was talking as.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

OK, so it's a ruleset resource... So, no, this can't currently be done as resources are set at ruleset/extension load and the resource files need to be in the ruleset or the extension.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information