DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    The biggest situational rule I can see is Flame and most AOE hits the "least armored" location. Again, I had assumed this would all be handled manually so it being missing is not an issue but you asked what rules/situations I foresaw. The other would be called shots meant to bypass armor.

Honestly, you jumped on the grenade on this one. This is a function that exists in the other rulesets and is one of the marketed strengths of Fantasy Grounds which Smiteworks had determined not to include with Savage Worlds. We've all had the lengthy talk about the why's on both sides and I didn't even get involved until the most recent version but that conversation has been going on for some time. It is a very big change in that it casts a very large net in what it changes but if nothing else your work may be the core that lets this become a major feature change for the full ruleset perhaps after the version 4 release for the following patch. As to the function being an extension vs core, I completely understand but if you hadn't taken the time it wouldn't even be an option for them to push it thus the Thanks stands!

Blog Entries
    I don't think Smiteworks determined not to include targeting. Savage Worlds ruleset developers made that choice. Moon wizard introduced this feature with dnd 4e. Then Smiteworks hired him. They made 3.5 and pathfinder work that way. Then came Core and all his rulesets were layered on top of CoreRpg which enabled him to update all supported rulesets more easily. A year later, Savage Worlds is joining the party.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Build 2 is here

Ok, I added more bullets here, new development version is here including following features:
    • Instead of just dragging and dropping trait/damage on token you can do it as ACTIVE combatant by targeting your victims normally, hold down CTRL key and make any Trait/Damage roll by double-clicking or dragging and dropping to chat. I am extremely happy about this feature, I am not fan of dropping dices accurately on token, this just makes it more easy to use!! Note that only currently active combatant can do this.
    • Auto-apply Joker bonus feature: New option provided to set this feature on/off. When enabled, +2 is added to your Trait and Damage rolls if you have Joker in your combat tracker and you have the tracker window open. Note that Chasetracker is not supported by this, only the original Combat Tracker.

Ok, now I am taking pause since I have reached what I really wanted. At first I thought this is just another hyped thing that I might not use but I have become more attracted how it can smooth up things, and especially now that I don't have to drop attacks/damages on token, but just target, hold CTRL down and do it makes it very usable for me. Now only if we could have the background changes merged into core ruleset I could relax, otherwise I might just make this my personal tool. I still hope to have feedback from this, maybe one day it can be part of core ruleset?

Irondrake: I believe this feature is what you requested as well.
    Last edited by Ikael; September 24th, 2014 at 22:12.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Another idea I've been considering is a toggle next to dice/chat that would specify whether rolls directly to chat window would use current targets info source actor or untargeted (current behavior).

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Another idea I've been considering is a toggle next to dice/chat that would specify whether rolls directly to chat window would use current targets info source actor or untargeted (current behavior).

Cheers,
    JPG
    Good idea, and in addition there could be SW-related buttons/components such as Ignore Armor ~ you toggle this on for example when swarm attack non-fully-armored person, Armor modifier ~where you would record situational armor changes such as shield provides +x armor against ranged. What else? Basically these are similar to auto-apply wounds idea. I am not going to implement these yet, but they are good ideas.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

I have added further feature idea section to this post where you can get extension. Please check'em out and let me know if you find other ideas or situations where auto hit / damage detection might fail

Awesome! That's exactly what I was hoping for Ikael! I will try it out as soon as I can.

Minor update to BaseHitDamage extension (build 3). New menu option for damagedice field (Right click -> EDIT -> SETUP). This can be used to setup damage string and AP for any damage entry. This is useful for powers which did not have these beforehand, but you can also use them to setup damage and AP for any other weapon/attack. Their values are the same as in weapon details. In addition if attack has AP it will be rendered next to damage dices.

I am glad to announce that these features are included into Savage Worlds v4 ruleset (I have removed attached extensions from this post). However I want to focus that even if these features are included into core ruleset it does not mean that they work 100% correctly in all exceptional situations that you might encounter in Savage Worlds. User's common sense is the most important factor when using hit & damage detection. What can it do for you?
    • Simple comparision of roll against opponent's defense value (aka. parry of 4) and output of how well given attack succeeded. In case of Raise roll maker's damage bonus is highlighted automatically
    • Tool will detect wheter opponent's Parry value or 4 should be used to defend against trait rolls. If you want to force Parry to be used, hold down ALT during the attack roll.
    • Simple comparision of damage roll against opponent's Toughness. The tool knows Shaken+Shaken rules, and would output a wound in case of Shaken victim becomes Shaken again (but does not get wounds in that attack). Tool understand that Hardy ability will prevent wounds in Shaken+Shaken situations.
    • Damage roll takes account attack's AP value (if it's set in weapon details!!) and opponent's Armor value (against must be set beforehand) ~ Ie. opponent's Toughness is reduced if attack has AP value and opponent has some armor. Remember that character's Toughness value should be the total Toughness (including armor value). The additional armor value just states how much of your Toughness is provided by armor and can be pierced by AP weapons.
    • Optionally GM can declare that all damage rolls will inflict wounds and shaken results automatically to victims. There is new option to determine this.

What the tool does not manage:
    • Any situational rules: For instance if opponent is wielding shield, the tool does not understand to grant +2 armor against ranged attacks. Users have to manage these manually.

I have made few changed in Enhanced Extension which covers some Hit & Damage detection-related features. I have added several (4) new fields and icons next to modifierstack to adjust targeted rolls.

First there is targeting icon which can be clicked on/off to make next roll targeted roll. This is alternative way to make targeted roll. Originally you can do it by holding CTRL down while making the roll. When the targeting icon is enabled it's highlighted more, similar way apply wound/fatigue/encumbrance icons are highlighted. When you hold CTRL down it will display as enabled.

Then there are three fields below Damage Bonus:
    • Armor adjustment: This field can be used to adjust victim's armor value. Only positive numbers can be input. This is useful for instance in case of Shield which could grant you +1 - +2 bonus to armor against ranged attack. This is situational bonus and does not apply to all rolls.
    • Armor Piercing adjument: Some situational attacks might just beat victim's armor more than others. For instance, in case of swarms they can ignore your armor completely if you don't have completely sealed armor. I would use this field in such case to increase AP to ignore armor completely
    • Damage multiplier: Some situations or abilities might adjust damage to be doubled or halved. For instance person with Dead Blow/Aim with Joker can double damage or when certain Adventure Card is played, or some Demons would only suffer half damage from any other than cold-iron weapons. This is userful in such cases.

Note that these fields must be enabled/used by the attacker and they last only for the next roll.

Personally I could imaging situation where GM states that you need to mark your damage as halved because you don't have correct type of weapon, or that put +2 to Armor because your opponent has shield.

How do you feel about these changes? Could they cover exception situations we have been talking about? Any other thoughts? There is an option to turn these off if you don't like them.

Can you imaging some other situation which cannot be covered with these adjustments?

Thread Information