STAR TREK 2d20

Adding a new slash command in chat

Relating to the topic Keep Highest / Drop Lowest, another idea I had for introducing this functionality into the GUI was to add a new slash command that could be typed into the chat window (I am a big fan of keyboard shortcuts and slash commands). Can I add my own custom slash commands, either as part of an extension or as part of the ruleset itself?

Either way, but I would recommend to add it as an extension to provide better sharing. See Comm package description in reference to know more about registering new slashcommand handlers
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

See also the languages extension as an example - this is 100% slash command driven: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...G-3-0-rulesets
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I would be aiming to do a /slash command
    there is also a field in the CoreRPG character sheet hat lets you type /slash commands into it and double click them to execute that may be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I would be aiming to do a /slash command
    there is also a field in the CoreRPG character sheet hat lets you type /slash commands into it and double click them to execute that may be useful.
    I will have to look into this later, thanks for the tip. Over the last couple days I have been caught up in data entry, as there are a TON of custom race, classes, etc. in my campaign. I am also working on some custom formatting for the reference material that is a lot different then the standard format, so it is somewhat time consuming. This piece of functionality is definitely something I want to include as part of my rule set though, so I will definitely look into it at some point, it may just take a little while to get to it.

Thread Information