DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    A potentially quicker option (but needs manual editing of token file names) is to assign a token to an NPC, for example skeleton.png. Then have code that randomly assigns a number value (1-3, 1-4, 1-6 - whatever is the best) to the token name to give: skeleton_1.png, skeleton_2.png, skeleton_3.png etc.. Not as elegant as having a section in the NPC record where you can drag tokens and then use those at random, but less coding - especially on the GUI side.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmmm, not a bad thought either. Something else to consider is shapeshifters. A way to have a user be able to select which token they will use instead of it always being random without an additional NPC record. Of course that only works if their stats don't change. In the current implementation of 5E, the stats change completely for druids...hmm, rethinking...

Not to derail where the conversation is going (because it is interesting!) - I do have to say I've run into a problem.

The table works perfectly when I originally set it up - I dragged the images out to each of the appropriate rows, and when I rolled on the table, I could see the image in the chat area by clicking on it. Unfortunately - if I log out and back into Fantasy Grounds - the images will suddenly start showing up as blank. They're still in the same exact folder, and the table looks perfect - but the 'cards' themselves are blank. Any ideas?

(First image is what it looks like before I got out, second image is what it looks like after I log out and back in)

Attachment 7524

Attachment 7523

Blog Entries
    how can you derail the thread by bringing it back to where it started?

i havent had time to investigate but Ive been seeing something similar with the Pulp Photo Tokens module I put out earlier...

If I close FG and re-open I can only see a couple of tokens in the pack until I cose and re-open the module.
    I will retest on 3.0.8 later and will log it as an issue if it persists...
    Suggest you do the same - update to 3.0.8 and retest...

Confirmed: I tested with 3.0.8, and the table does not 'remember' images stored on it between sessions.

No, the images were dragged and dropped into the Images folder (\\fantasy grounds\campaigns\(campaign name)\images)

How can I add them to a module, if that's my problem?

Hey Damned, I've done a little work, and I'm bringing in those cards into a module. Because once I do that - it works, and it 'remembers' the cards. But I have a quick question.

I took the FGBattle Maps module as an example of a module that contains images. I thought it the best place to start. I started stripping out the images of streets and the like and replacing them with the names of the cards (all 61 of 'em!).

However, I got to what I thought was the end, and found two sections that worried me: <library> and <lists>. They currently contain some odd references, and <lists> has lines for each of those battlemap streets again! Do I need to do what I did in the <image> section again in the <lists>? Or can I delete both those sections with a sigh of relief? (Or can you point me to a tutorial on how to decode this if you're not sure?)

Attachment 7547

Blog Entries
    hmmm... if you are doing it that way - you most likely will need to edit these too...

the easiest way to do it is to start a blank campaign and add images and tables and just export those using /export

if you have no other images or tables you could do the same with your current campaign - just exporting images and tables. even if you do have some others you can always open the xml up and remove the extras - this is probably much quicker than creating one from scratch... although there are advantages to creating a module the way you are doing it...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    although there are advantages to creating a module the way you are doing it...
    Yes indeed, butting my head against a wall, lol!

Do you know where I could learn some of what this language means, what I can change and what I can't?

(and thanks for your help, as always)

Thread Information