5E Character Create Playlist
Page 20 of 22 First ... 101819202122 Last
    I tested this with a player of mine. We confirmed the error persistanted just logging in as-is. My player logged out. I set the wind speed to KPH and logged the server's 5e game out. I logged the server's 5e game back in. The player logged in and reported no errors. Out of curiousity, I asked the player to log out again. I set the wind speed back to MPH on the server's 5e game and logged out/in. The player logged in, and reported no errors with the wind speed set back to MPH. :-)

If all my other players log back in and have the same previous issue, I'll repeat this with them unless you know a quicker way to resolve (like maybe clearing the DB cache?). Thank you, Dulux-Oz!

Quote Originally Posted by paladiusdarkhelm View Post
    I tested this with a player of mine. We confirmed the error persistanted just logging in as-is. My player logged out. I set the wind speed to KPH and logged the server's 5e game out. I logged the server's 5e game back in. The player logged in and reported no errors. Out of curiousity, I asked the player to log out again. I set the wind speed back to MPH on the server's 5e game and logged out/in. The player logged in, and reported no errors with the wind speed set back to MPH. :-)

If all my other players log back in and have the same previous issue, I'll repeat this with them unless you know a quicker way to resolve (like maybe clearing the DB cache?). Thank you, Dulux-Oz!
    Yeah, one of the thing I suspected was that that particular setting had become corrupted in your database. Setting it again looks like it cleared the "bad" data and so it should be all good now.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Hello

I am getting the following error when I try to roll weather for a calendar date. Any idea why?

Script Error: [string "DOEWeather/Scripts/lsWeatherManager.lua"]:535: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Thanks!

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ssostac1 View Post
    Hello

I am getting the following error when I try to roll weather for a calendar date. Any idea why?

Script Error: [string "DOEWeather/Scripts/lsWeatherManager.lua"]:535: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Thanks!

Scott
    No idea off the top of my head, but I'll look into it.

Which Ruleset are you using, and which Calendar have you selected?

And have you set both the day your interested in's date and the date of the "Summer Solstice" (as per the Manual)?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I am using the GURPS ruleset, Calendar of the Flanaess, and I did set both the current date and the Summer Solstice date. It was working as of two, maybe three weeks ago, but for some reason I now get that error. The only thing that changed between then and now was I updated the DOE-Base and DOE-Weather extensions to their newest versions.

However, I do use these extensions for a D&D 5E game using the 5E ruleset, using the same calendar, at it seems to work fine.

Hope that helps some. Thanks for looking into it. I absolutely *love* the weather generator.

Scott

Nevermind, I tracked it down to a new extension I installed last week for GURPS. Once I disabled that extension, your Weather extension works fine.

Sorry I didn't think of that before posting the error.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by ssostac1 View Post
    I am using the GURPS ruleset, Calendar of the Flanaess, and I did set both the current date and the Summer Solstice date. It was working as of two, maybe three weeks ago, but for some reason I now get that error. The only thing that changed between then and now was I updated the DOE-Base and DOE-Weather extensions to their newest versions.

However, I do use these extensions for a D&D 5E game using the 5E ruleset, using the same calendar, at it seems to work fine.

Hope that helps some. Thanks for looking into it. I absolutely *love* the weather generator.

Scott
    GURPS is not a supported Ruleset, and it is being depreciated for approx the the last 12 months.

Someone (& I know who) has changed the DOEs without my permission and illegally made them available to others in violation of the License Agreement. While the License Agreement allows people to modify the DOEs *for their own personal use only* those modified DOEs are *not* allowed to be distributed - no exceptions!

And just to make things explicitly clear to everyone who reads this - no, the DOEs are *not* released under an Open Source License of any kind - they are not Open Source Software (FOSS), but have been made available free of charge to this Community because I'm a member of this Community and I'm a (supposedly) "nice guy". If people continue to violate the License Agreement then I will be forced to withdraw *all* of the DOEs from this Community and may even go as far as to instigate legal proceedings against those who do violate the License Agreement - this would also include those who use parts of the "code" in separate Extensions, etc.

So, I'm sorry but I can't/won't support other people's modifications of my software. If the software has been modified by the user then they are on their own as far as any errors are concerned. If the modifications were done by someone else then the end-user needs to stop using the modified software because they are in violation of the License Agreement.

I trust people understand my position and respect my wishes.

@ssostac - I'm happy you like my work, and I am not blaming you at all for this situation we find ourselves in. I hope you continue to use and enjoy the DOEs with the 5E and other supported Rulesets.

Cheers
    Last edited by dulux-oz; July 30th, 2018 at 04:30.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I just tripped over this thread, and want Dulux to know I use a modified version of one of his DOE extensions... Currency Conversion, (for my own satisfaction) but have not distributed
    the code to anyone other than him, nor do I intend to.

The same applies to an alteration of the CoreRPG and 5e Rulesets for adding Spell Slot manipulation.

These augments are rightfully the property of the authors.

Quote Originally Posted by Intruder View Post
    I just tripped over this thread, and want Dulux to know I use a modified version of one of his DOE extensions... Currency Conversion, (for my own satisfaction) but have not distributed
    the code to anyone other than him, nor do I intend to.

The same applies to an alteration of the CoreRPG and 5e Rulesets for adding Spell Slot manipulation.

These augments are rightfully the property of the authors.
    Thanks for that - btw it wasn't you I was talking about
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    GURPS is not a supported Ruleset...Someone (& I know who) has changed the DOEs without my permission and illegally made them available to others in violation of the License Agreement...If people continue to violate the License Agreement then I will be forced to withdraw *all* of the DOEs from this Community and may even go as far as to instigate legal proceedings against those who do violate the License Agreement...So, I'm sorry but I can't/won't support other people's modifications of my software.

I trust people understand my position and respect my wishes.

Cheers
    Mate, people who steal a person's work are as low as scabs who cross a picket line, they are the lowest of the low and I would hope if it is feasible that you pursue them to the fullest extent of the law. Just on general principal. I stand behind you 100% on this
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

Thread Information