DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Keep Highest/Drop Lowest ?

After giving up on my own extension due to limited time and abillity I am now just looking for a way to roll 3d6 + modifier and drop the highest or drop the lowest. It is for Barbarians of Lemuria. has anyone build that for Basic RPG?
    Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at.
    Read me: https://chaosmeister.games/

MoonWizard is working on adding additional dice command functionality, including keeping dice. This may help once it's in.
    Last edited by Valarian; September 18th, 2014 at 12:39. Reason: Inaccurate Information
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

VenomousFiligree
    Hi ImaTarget, whilst it's not available now an FG ruleset for BoL should be available towards the end of the year.

Those features got bumped into the Unity version, so they are a ways off. I had to bite the bullet and start the Unity version or it would be next year before we started.

So, for now, it will need to be baked into the ruleset as a custom roll type.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    could you share the code *as is* and maybe one of the smarty pants around here might be able to make it into a CoreRPG extension?

The stuff I was working on was built into the FG client, not ruleset code. Also, there were a lot of new features necessary to support. So, it can't be adapted to Lua code.

Basically, you would setup custom roll and custom roll result handler (similar to attack/damage/Init/save in 3.5E/4E/5E). In the code generating the roll, I would add a [KEEP #] or [DROP #] tag in the roll description. Then, in the code handling the result, look for those tags to strip out the appropriate dice. Perhaps adding another note to description text stating which dice/results dropped.

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Basically, you would setup custom roll and custom roll result handler (similar to attack/damage/Init/save in 3.5E/4E/5E). In the code generating the roll, I would add a [KEEP #] or [DROP #] tag in the roll description. Then, in the code handling the result, look for those tags to strip out the appropriate dice. Perhaps adding another note to description text stating which dice/results dropped.
    I was considering something similar to this for the ruleset that I have been working on. If I manage to get something working, I will try and package it up as an extension and share my code here.
    Last edited by DMFirmy; September 20th, 2014 at 03:33. Reason: Type-o

I was putting a little bit of thought into this today, and my initial thought would be to add a couple of new options to the dice roll radial menu for Drop Lowest and Drop Highest, in the same way there are buttons to negate, half, and double the total currently. I started digging around in the CoreRPG ruleset to see how these radial menus are defined, but it seems like they are hard-coded in FG's core code. Is it possible to modify this radial menu to add this functionality? I cannot seem to find anywhere in the ruleset code that I can modify the menu, and I also haven't been able to find any info in the documentation. This feature is something that I am sure a lot of people would find useful, so I am anxious to play around with it to see if I can get it working. If it is not possible, I can try and think of another way to introduce the functionality, but adding it to the radial menu seems the most natural option to me.

Thread Information