DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    You get 8 or 9 basic modules with Fantasy Grounds, 4 for 3.5 which has content that is free from the OGL: 3.5 Basic Rules, 3.5 Magic Items, 3.5 Monsters, 3.5 Spells; as well as: PFRPG Basic Rules, PFRPG Bestiary, PFRPG Magic Items, PFRPG Spells, and maybe PFRPG Advanced Rules, not sure if that was original or something I downloaded from forums.

I would also point out that creating a character for all licenses is limited to owned rules set, so its misleading to state that in particular as it makes it sound like you can make characters for rules set that you don't own.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Mechanics only is perceived as negative by people - based on comments from Steam users and Roll20 people. Since there are 30 or so rulesets available for FG, I'd prefer the mechanics and game support to be the defining characteristics and then when we talk about officially licensed or OGL compliant rulesets, we can add that those also support built-in data libraries.
    It is your baby after all - you gotta pitch it the way you see best.

I think that 4e and 5e mechanics is one of the best selling points of FG and I dont use those rulesets. I think your big 3 (is that 4?) rulesets really showcase the power of your product and should be big feature points. I think the negative views expressed by some are that they feel misled and that they thought 4E was included. Make it simpler.

Pathfinder Ruleset/Mechanics/SRD Yes Yes Yes Yes
    D&D 3.5E Ruleset/Mechanics/SRD Yes Yes Yes Yes
    D&D 4E Ruleset/Mechanics Yes Yes Yes Yes
    D&D 5E Ruleset/Mechanics Yes Yes Yes Yes
    Numenera Ruleset/Mechanics Yes Yes Yes Yes
    CoreRPG Ruleset/Mechanics Yes Yes Yes Yes

Commercial Ruleset/Mechanics/Libraries available in store
    Castles & Crusades
    Call of Cthulhu
    RoleMaster
    etc

Community Ruleset/Mechanics available on Wiki
    Trail of Cthulhu
    Star Wars: Edge of the Empire
    FATE
    etc

Blog Entries
    I like the fact it explains the differences between licenses clearly. I'm not sure it's the perfect landing page though. Some people don't know what a VTT is. Some people wished their whole life there was a way to play RPGs online with their friends because they're stationed abroad, some moved away or some simply live in an area where they can't find local players. You've got to show them in one single page that you've made their dream come true. A short and sweet professional video featuring a DM narrating the beginning of an encounter, a player rolls a d20 (after making it spin) and scores a crit!, loud cheers from everybody at the table, that kinda thing, would be a nice landing spot underneath one paragraph explaining what a Fantasy Grounds is. But that's just me.

My $0.02
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    I'll make an alternate version that pops the highlighted features and videos out and then has the feature list as a separate, condensed view. I'll post a link shortly (unless I get interrupted).

Yeah - it's an interesting comparison chart (ugly though - sorry) but not a landing page.

The landing page is the 15 second elevator pitch for what Fantasy Grounds is. It should get people excited, with screengrabs hinting at the great features within.

The depth of the programme should come from other screens and/or application usage; I didn't "get" what FG was to me until I started using it, which took a small leap of faith. So bridging that gap is good too (the improved demo application goes some way towards that, I guess), but the landing page needs to start people on the journey.
    Former SW ruleset / Deadlands extension author. Now I just wanna play a few games. And maybe hack. A little.

This page is a software feature page as other have noted. Some comments on it.

I'd suggest you combine the two headers into one, ie Fantasy Grounds License Comparison header and Feature, Free/Demo, Player Only, GM & Player, Ultimate column keys are combined with the drop shadow under the Feature, etc line.

I agree with SquareCat on the videos you need to so something else with them. I'd suggest you either span them across all columns if you think its actually important that people see the starting screen shot of the video(es). Or just make a thumbnail link to the left of the category name.

Your prospective customers are not going to know what a ruleset or libraries modules are. I'd personally try to make your text as generic as possible without misleading them. Assume they know nothing but want to know - that's why they landed there. You need to decide how you are going to capitalize you text in features - you are not consistent, a few are capitalized like phrases - most are like headlines. I'd go with headlines. Don't use abbreviations if at all possible since they "assume" knowledge. Use "active voice" in your feature text, not passive. You have a lot of space for text, use it.

Some specific suggestions and these are very YMMWV.

"Join game as a player" change to "Be a Player in a Game Master's Game."
    "Create Characters" change to "Create a Character While Connected to a Game Master"
    "Create Characters Offline" change to "Create a Character While Not Connected to a Game Master"
    "Create Campaign" change to "Game Master Can Create an Unlimited Number of Campaigns"
    "3D Dice rolling" change to "Make Game Related Rolls With Three-Dimensional Dice"
    "Create and Use hotkeys" change to "Create and Use Custom Hotkeys For Common Tasks"

"Num Players hosted" is trying to convey multiple features at once, I'd split it into:
    "Number of Players the Game Master Can Host" with the answers being: 1 Demo player only, None, Only Limited by Bandwidth*, Only Limited by Bandwidth*. Then put a new line in the feature text and put something like: *6+ Players with a typical campaign using standard DSL (amount can vary based on the size of images and data in the campaign).
    Then go through and do a license type per line instead of trying to glob everything together. This is very important to new buyers so make sure its absolutely clear - and a table is prefect to show these relationships. IE
    "Demo License Game Master" with the answer: 1 player only*, 1 player only*, 1 player only*, 1 player only*; and then put a newline in features with: *Campaign data and player information is not saved.
    Do the same with "Player Only License Game Master", "GM and Player License Gamer Master" and "Ultimate License Game Master".

Sorry I've got to run, but prospective customers don't know what a library is. I would not advertise you can open the module if it exists. You need to advertise the information the library contains. IE Access Player Libraries s/b something like "Player Can Access Specific Game Information*" \n *when the game information has been licensed or has been made freely available. Do the same with the GM.

Tokens, you need to put the word map in there so they know they are used on a map.

Rulesets, you have to educate you customers. To them a ruleset is a customized character sheet, desktop theme, battle tracker and the ability to make annotated dice rolls. This is really important. Some of the confusion of your new Steam customers was due to them thinking game info was always included with rulesets. You need to educate them the libraries are "bonuses" and only available due to Smiteworks licensing or something like an OGL. Your license deals are a big deal, something that most of you competition can't match.
    Last edited by Griogre; September 16th, 2014 at 01:14.

Blog Entries
    Good feedback so far.

Here is a variant of the page as I start digesting the new feedback.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/buyFG/indexnew2.xcp

Blog Entries
    Yes, much better.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    show some love for castles&crusades!
    the sound quality on the exporting your creations is pretty bad...
    I watched it earlier today on G+ and went "urk"...

Thread Information