FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 63 of 158 First ... 1353616263646573113 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    If it goes online like Roll20 (SaaS) then I will not use it.

One of the three key reasons I bought FG was that it was a client-server architecture. There are many benefits and compromises to both architectures. The two most important benefits to a client-server architecture for me are:
    1) I do not need internet access to develop my content or (in many cases) to play.
    2) If the hosting company goes out of business, not only do I not lose everything I bought, but everything I have developed.
    THIS. This is one of the key points that made me chose FG over Roll20. I don't want to have invested that much money only to find out one day that I can't use it anymore. Were SmiteWorks to go out of business tomorrow (definitely hope that won't be the case xD) I could keep using FG with my friends. There would also be a huge community that could keep improving it and adding new rulesets, mods, etc. In the case of Roll20 we'd just get to see an ad in the page to buy that domain, so no, thanks. I really don't want that model.
    Last edited by Einheri; January 11th, 2018 at 12:04.

Any news on progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Any news on progress?
    Nope
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

One thing I really hope that FGU will be able to do is to draw a better looking hex grid. Because of the way the diagonals are drawn on a hex grid currently (jagged as hell) I have been using a square grid for my outdoor battle maps, which makes my inner grognard grumpy.

Not sure if this has been asked (new to FG and the discussion), but will licences be transferable to the update?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovrin View Post
    Not sure if this has been asked (new to FG and the discussion), but will licences be transferable to the update?
    Yes it's been asked. Statement made earlier in this thread is that their is expected to be an upgrade fee. The details of what that might be have not been announced (or probably even decided).

So, expect a cost to upgrade, but we don't know how much. It is likely (as indicated by SmiteWorks) that the cost will be dependent upon how long ago your license was purchased. But again, nothing specific is known at this time and given SW policies, it is unlikely to be officially announced until the official product announcement is made. And the official product announcement will not be made until the new version is functional and a release date can be reliably kept. SW is very opposed to announcing a date and then missing it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I hope there's some kind of grace period then. I only just bought the Ultimate licence a couple of weeks ago and am hesitant to spend a heap again so soon.

I hope there's some kind of grace period then. I only just bought the Ultimate licence a couple of weeks ago and am hesitant to spend a heap again so soon.
    I wouldn't worry Tovrin, I've been using FG every week in some capacity or another and my players love it. Don't let unity not being here stop you from using the ultimate license.

Blog Entries
    SmiteWorks has always taken care of their customers. I suspect they would do something like a 6 month grace period and then some sort of incremented discount/cost from there.

Besides, we don't know when FGU might come out. Everyone hopes it is soon, but no promises that it will even be this year. But as Kanbie says, no reason to not use FG as it is now. It keeps getting improved and is, imo, the best VTT available as is.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Came to check on updates. Sounds like we're all here, patiently waiting, which is cool. That said, I kind of assumed there would be an upgrade cost. I for one am ok with it. I bought my license in 2011. I'm confident I've gotten my money's worth in updates, and the amazing things they have promised with unity, I'll happily buy another license. (Especially because I loathe subscription service. I'll gladly spend once though.)

Stay awesome everyone!

Thread Information