5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    One question that i got when i watched the FG friday video the other day is. If i as a GM, or player wanna upgrade to FGU, but my players doesn't want to do it. Will they be able to connect to my FGU server, and will i be able to connect to their FGC server when I am a player.

/H
    As player, the capability to connect to a host, depends on host's license:
    If you are GM and run Ultimate, all players will be able to connect no matter if they run Demo, Standard or Ultimate.
    If you are GM and run Standard, only Standard and Ultimate will be able to connect to you (If Demo attempts to connect to you, this is allowed, but I am not sure if Standard and Ultimate can freely connect).
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    One question that i got when i watched the FG friday video the other day is. If i as a GM, or player wanna upgrade to FGU, but my players doesn't want to do it. Will they be able to connect to my FGU server, and will i be able to connect to their FGC server when I am a player.
    It’s been mentioned elsewhere that they will not be cross compatible - the underlying network code will have changed (a good thing) and there’ll be other under the hood changes that will mean you can’t connect FGU to FGC and vice versa. They will essentially be two separate apps, so you should be able to have both installed on your computer and use which one you need. Your FGC license will continue to work - mentioned here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post384901
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can have the FGC and FGU in same machine?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    I can have the FGC and FGU in same machine?
    As I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe
    They will essentially be two separate apps, so you should be able to have both installed on your computer and use which one you need.
    You may need to keep your FGC and FGU campaigns separate - probably have 2 different FG data locations to be sure.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The campaigns will be separate between FGU and FGC.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The campaigns will be separate between FGU and FGC.

Regards,
    JPG
    WTB FGU campaign migration tool.

As of right now, you can migrate campaigns by simply copying the folders from the current FG version to the FGU data folder. We haven't completely finalized everything; so there may be some additional migration needed, but we're trying to avoid.

Regards,
    JPG

I really hope we get an update sometime soon folks, keep up the good work!

Maybe at Fantasy Grounds Fridays this AM? Happy New Year show... with update(s) to FGU?

Okay... ordered this puppy so i'd have no issue for the future. Pray tell i'm okay...

XPS 8930 basic
    Safety / Environment and Regulatory Guide (English / French Multi-language)
    DW1810 drivers
    Memory 16GB DDR4 Dual Channel to 2666MHz
    SSD 256 GB PCIe x4 + DD 1TB 7200 rev / min
    US Power Cord
    Module, card, graphic, GTX, 1080.8930, EM
    Integrated with Pro WAVE MaxxAudio
    1x1 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1
    XPS 8930, main frame (460W)
    Intel Core i7-8700 8th generation 6 cores (up to 4.6 GHz, 12MB cache)
    Processor Intel Core i7 label
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Thread Information