FG Spreadshirt Swag
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    Maybe this has been already answered, but have to ask:
    Will FGU run in Mac and/or Linux and if yes - what will be required?

VirtualBox, Parallels and similar virtualization product are the easy answer, but they require skills and add overhead that some users don’t have or want.
    Read the FAQ in the first post.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger View Post
    Thanks for the info - I'll try and find a cheap solution, but 8GB RAM and 1080p minimum is getting into the "this is gonna hurt" price range.
    Maybe 10 years ago, thats a low end PC these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Maybe 10 years ago, thats a low end PC these days.
    Depends on the country and the formfactor of the computer.

Second hand you can do wonders with old office computer components at that performance point that will run fantasygrounds. I wager a tower can be built for ~$100-150usd.

But getting into laptops or someone wanting to use a slate (which I wouldn't recommend the latter). That makes it more difficult.

Then as I said, countries and economic states make things really difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post

Second hand you can do wonders with old office computer components at that performance point that will run fantasygrounds. I wager a tower can be built for ~$100-150usd.
    This!

There are plenty of decent office type PCs on Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist around here for $150-$200 that could easily run FG.

i don't know if this is the best place to put a suggestion on things I would like to see with FGU but some sort of extension suport like nexus mod manage that will update your extensions when a know one comes out so you don't have to go there and do it yourselfe every time. it is nuthing major, but if you all are wonting to make sure this program is more user friendly then that would be somthing i would highly recamend seting up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Elderith View Post
    i don't know if this is the best place to put a suggestion on things I would like to see with FGU but some sort of extension suport like nexus mod manage that will update your extensions when a know one comes out so you don't have to go there and do it yourselfe every time.
    I like this idea a lot. Having a "community" addons section to add/manage/update would be brilliant. It would help to ensure that people have the most current and a more accurate "what works" and what doesn't and ease of access for everyone.

That said, it'll be a difficult thing to implement and manage
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

dulux-oz is working on a (community) extension updater:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...144#post391144

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderith View Post
    i don't know if this is the best place to put a suggestion on things I would like to see with FGU but some sort of extension suport like nexus mod manage that will update your extensions when a know one comes out so you don't have to go there and do it yourselfe every time. it is nuthing major, but if you all are wonting to make sure this program is more user friendly then that would be somthing i would highly recamend seting up at some point.
    We have plans for something like that down the road along with a community creations storefront where you can browse and subscribe to things.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    We have plans for something like that down the road along with a community creations storefront where you can browse and subscribe to things.
    That would be extremely badass. Definitely please make that happen.

I see that your Ultimate license is on sale, including the Full to Ultimate upgrade. I've been planning to pick that up for two reasons, the first being that I could then join my own game from a 2nd computer, and the second being to cover my "upgrade to Unity" fee. My players are all already licensed.

May I suggest an "evergreen" license option on the FG store? If I could have some certainty that today's purchase would include the license for the Unity version--whenever it comes out--I would already have bought it. I know that you've talked about doing something like this via kickstarter, but an all-platform ultimate license is what I actually want.

Thread Information