5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The integrated graphics issue with FGC is related to FGC's use of DirectX 9. FGU uses up-to-date libraries, so this should not be an issue. As has been noted 4GB of RAM is on the low side. An advantage of FGU over FGC is the move to a native 64-bit executable, allowing for access to more than 4GB of memory. It is too early to make any hardware recommendations.
    Thanks for the info - I'll try and find a cheap solution, but 8GB RAM and 1080p minimum is getting into the "this is gonna hurt" price range.

Blog Entries
    Especially in the US you will also have access to a lot of refurbished models with some warranty.
    Id look at some of those if on a tight budget.

I'm sure you guys are well-covered and I am by no means a programmer, so take that into account. I just wanted to share this with you in case it contains any assets you could use in this project. This is a Unity Humble Bundle with a lot of content.

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/unity-bundle

A question to go with it, if I were to purchase these assets would it be possible to apply some of them through custom ruleset and extension scripting as we do now. This is all taking into account that we have to wait for the finished product.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    A question to go with it, if I were to purchase these assets would it be possible to apply some of them through custom ruleset and extension scripting as we do now. This is all taking into account that we have to wait for the finished product.
    I'm also not a dev, so can only pass on my impressions from the forums here. The only things we (the community) might be able to use from that bundle would be the sounds. All of the others appear to require integration to the core Unity engine, something we probably won't have access to with FGU. And I say the sounds only if they are in some 'normal' type of format that can be accessed like any other media file.

That said, if Doug, John, or Carl come around, they would be able to give a definitive answer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    The only things we (the community) might be able to use from that bundle would be the sounds.
    I was mainly curious if the visual effects and sounds would be able to be integrated by the community via code. I'm not sure if the data is in a standard form or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I was mainly curious if the visual effects and sounds would be able to be integrated by the community via code. I'm not sure if the data is in a standard form or not.
    I doubt it. It has been said that the extension model will remain the same, xml and LUA access/modules and no access directly to the engine.

But, map effects have already been demo'd with FGU so we (the community) won't have to add that capability. Sounds are probably not going to be included in FGU version 1, but, they might. We just don't know at this point.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Are there any projections on possible Alpha, Beta or release dates?

Thanks!

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post

Thanks!
    Well, my projection was the end of Aug 2018 -- so I'm going to let John throw out dates next.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Well, my projection was the end of Aug 2018 -- so I'm going to let John throw out dates next.
    This is like a major tease! I'm just dying to see my players faces when I project this onto my gaming table with added extra! OMG! I'm just waiting for this to get out so I can upgrade my laptop as needed.
    Patou a.k.a: Patmaster
    Challenging players since 1987
    2E, 3.5E & now 5E
    https://twitter.com/PatouLeFou
    Discord = @PatouLeFou

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post

Thanks!
    They are very careful not to give any dates. They have said they were hoping for an alpha/beta run this year, but let's be honest - that's not going to happen. This thread is 4 years old. They have '1 and a half' devs working on it. Don't hold your breath.

Thread Information