DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Guoccamole View Post
    Doug, any idea if/when classic FG will ship with big memory? Is that still happening? Thx
    Check this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post392903
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe: Ahhh, TY!

With steam summer sale and 2018 halfway over I am super excited to see what happens as the end of the summer. I know not to expect anything concrete but I can't help but be excited. Especially since I have found another monitor to use it on.

Fantasy Grounds Unity

Are we going to have to re buy all the books for the new version?

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

No, you will not need to re-buy any DLC. If you have any further questions on FGU, I suggest you read the thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-Unity-engine and then if your question is not answered there post in that thread your new question.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry about that. It was clearly in the faq. Thank you for the info though.

I’m really wanting to purchase the Ultimate version, but I’m hung up on the fact that there is no solid information about the upgrade to the Unity version. If there was a definitive way to purchase the Ultimate package now, with an upgrade for the Unity version I would purchase today. If this has been discussed before, I apologize for not finding the information important to me anywhere. We all know that software development can take years, and if the discount we receive is tied to when we purchase Fantasy Grounds, that could lead to a purchase made now getting just a tiny discount if the Unity version isn’t released in the next year or two.

I’m new here, and I’m sure there are reasons behind decisions, but it would make sense to start selling the current Fantasy Grounds product with the incentive for the Unity version. That or put the Unity version on Kickstarter or somewhere we can support it.

Blog Entries
    You are correct there is no definitive information yet.
    The approach the team has taken is that they want to basically be ready to go (maybe barring a few last bugs) before dates and prices are announced.

It might be something like this:
    If you had just bought the license in say the prev 3 months you would get a free bump straight away to Unity.
    If you were 3-9 months you might get a big discount like 75% off.
    9-18 months you might get a discount like 40% off.

If you have had a license for a long time like me you would likely need to buy the new license again.

All the DLC will upgrade for free.

You will be able to continue to use FG Classic (current platform) for some time but eventually it will stop being supported.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxgold View Post
    ...but I’m hung up on the fact that there is no solid information about the upgrade to the Unity version. If there was a definitive way to purchase the Ultimate package now, with an upgrade for the Unity version I would purchase today...
    No problem.

Here's the way I look at it;
    What I would say is why does it matter when Unity becomes available? If FGU is not available for 12 or 24 months, and I buy FG now, then I have all that time to play and enjoy my favorite RPGs on FG. If I don't buy FG now, then I loose out on playing my favorite RPGs on FG during that whole time.

Now, if FG today doesn't meet your needs today, that's one thing, but it does a whole lot of great things as it stands right now. So, even though I want FGU, it doesn't matter than much because to me, FG is still the best VTT for me.

But and use FG for what it does today, not what it will do tomorrow.

Also, as for worrying about loosing the FGU upgrade discount, I'm sure SW will be more than fair imo. They have always treated everyone here in a exceptionally customer focused manner. I see no reason to expect them to treat us any differently in the future.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you both for the replies. I feel like the fact that the DLC is a one time purchase will make up for the fact that I may have to spend some money to upgrade from FG to FG-Unity. Point taken about enjoying the product now!

Watching the teaser clips reminds of Carl's work with Tabletop Connect....awesome stuff and thanks for plugging away at FGU.

Thread Information