STAR TREK 2d20

New Icons for the Radial Menu

I saw the latest update mentioned the radial menus were getting updated to allow for easier theming. Was this the reason the icons all changed? From the update log, I thought the coding was changing to allow for easier theming. Are the new icons based on the future Unity UI?

I had no idea how accustomed everybody was (especially myself) to the old set until we played and used the new set. Evidently, we worked off of visual cues, not position in the menu. Who moved my cheese?

The icons were re-designed by our graphics team to more accurately reflect functional intent, instead of being generic icons constantly re-used. This was not necessarily part of the radial theming, but part of making the icons/UI consistent across all rulesets. Prior to this, the icons were different for every ruelset and extension.

Regards,
    JPG

I like the new icons, even if they are a bit bigger than the old ones!
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The icons were re-designed by our graphics team to more accurately reflect functional intent, instead of being generic icons constantly re-used. This was not necessarily part of the radial theming, but part of making the icons/UI consistent across all rulesets. Prior to this, the icons were different for every ruelset and extension.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thank you for the update. Your team did a nice job with the designs, we just weren't expecting to learn new icons.

I really like them

That’s unsolicited feedback, but I wanted to tell the team I thought they did a good job. I’m not as conditioned on the buttons as OP, so I’m a fan of the more recognizable graphics on each button.

It's funny, while I like the graphics in general - the fact they are different means I'll be using the menu unconsciously and stop because I have no idea where I am in the menu.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    It's funny, while I like the graphics in general - the fact they are different means I'll be using the menu unconsciously and stop because I have no idea where I am in the menu.
    Can you imagine what would happen if the window pan/drag/zoom behavior or other UI behavior was changed like is sometimes requested by new users? ugh!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information