DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 158 First ... 891011122060110 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Carl and John are still busy programming away on it. It's a big project and we decided to make sure that it would be completely backward compatible with all existing DLC and add-ons. For that reason, it is taking a bit longer than we had hoped. It is definitely moving forward though. We had hoped to have an Alpha level build ready for this August, but it looks like we might be closer to a date at the start of 2017.

I would rather it done right than rushed along. Good going doug, take your time.

Thanks for the update Doug, we appreciate the effort to make it compatible, i'll go take my pills against anxiousness now haha

Destin, Florida (Paradise) Central Time Zone
    I am definitely interested in seeing how it works with Parsed 4E stuff

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by computertrucker View Post
    I am definitely interested in seeing how it works with Parsed 4E stuff
    It will work exactly the same way it works with the current engine.

I hope that goes for all par5e stuff too! I would be gutted if I had to redo all my par5e material heh.
    I'm excited to see where Smiteworks goes under the Unity engine, and I am certain my interest in the hobby that was piqued originally by Fantasy Grounds will be maintained for many versions still to come :P

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    I hope that goes for all par5e stuff too! I would be gutted if I had to redo all my par5e material heh.
    If Unity added a method for easier or more powerful parsing or something similar I'd be very happy to have to redo all hand parsed content in order to take advantage of that. Smiteworks could redo the format of official DLC and just push down an update for official products so the format change would be invisible to DLC owners. We shouldn't hold back progress to save end users a few hours of reparsing of custom content.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    If Unity added a method for easier or more powerful parsing or something similar I'd be very happy to have to redo all hand parsed content in order to take advantage of that. Smiteworks could redo the format of official DLC and just push down an update for official products so the format change would be invisible to DLC owners. We shouldn't hold back progress to save end users a few hours of reparsing of custom content.
    I doubt there will be an easier way....

Quote Originally Posted by spite View Post
    I'm excited to see where Smiteworks goes under the Unity engine, and I am certain my interest in the hobby that was piqued originally by Fantasy Grounds will be maintained for many versions still to come :P
    The Prime Directive of Unity is 'Thou shalt not break stuff'. So when Unity does finally hit the ether everything that currently works will work in exactly the same way that it works now. So you can be confident that anything you have built in par5e will not be affected. All that par5e does after all is produce a bunch of XML which is read into FG. The real challenge with unity is not things like that but the under the hood stuff like rulesets and the interface and how stuff is displayed on screen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information