DICE PACKS BUNDLE
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I am talking about hotkeys for masking, grids, token control, the various modifiers, visibility, being able to set hotkeys for effects, character sheet control and more.

Something like what I can do in the adobe suite of programs would be my heaven :P

Quick to access paired with mappable context sensitive mappable hotkeys are favourite things in any program :P
    This would be a much better use for hotkeys rather than having 96 hotkeys which get wiped out every time there is an update (thereby making adding 3-4 the most I would ever be willing to do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gix View Post
    ...having 96 hotkeys which get wiped out every time there is an update ...
    They shouldn't get wiped every time there's an update. They're stored in your campaign files for the GM or cache for players - both of which don't get touched as part of an update. So the settings are campaign specific - which might be causing the confusion that they get wiped? You can copy the hotkey XML file from one campaign/cache to another if you have a set of preferred hotkeys you want to reuse.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Love the radial right mouse button menus. Functionally equivalent to a regular linear menu, but easier to use and look tremendously better!

Touchscreens & Hotkeys:
    - If the user is only using the first 12, tap & done.
    - If they are using additional banks, the first tap pops up the options for that button (2-4 buttons appear as a stack above it) and second tap selects. (and if you wanted touch screens could have more than 4 banks that way as they wouldn't need the modifier keys)

Personally, would much prefer this to scrolling or swiping the entire bar.

Edit: And keep the radial menus, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    Love the radial right mouse button menus. Functionally equivalent to a regular linear menu, but easier to use and look tremendously better!
    I'd prefer a tiered more flexible system myself tho right now the radial works. It's just a little clunky. Having a tiered where you can easily go back to top and back down would make my experience more enjoyable.

That said I don't expect any of this to change until well after FGU is out.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

There should be also shortcuts for module authors within FG - create entry in the respective library, lock/unlock page, close window and etc. Will dramatically improve the data entry process. Now I am getting crazy when doing content heavy modules.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
    There should be also shortcuts for module authors within FG - create entry in the respective library, lock/unlock page, close window and etc. Will dramatically improve the data entry process. Now I am getting crazy when doing content heavy modules.

i think FG jsut needs another program for module creation

on that can do all the things without having touse the gaming interface, but has a palette of items for creating a table, or bolding text, or adding an image linebreak, etc... Maybe not fully WYSIWYG, but the best thing so far is the former NPC Engineer, though i dont recall what its name was changed to when more tools were added... will ahve to track it down wherever Maasq hid it to find out what all it does now. but if it is a part of the FGU package, then it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    i think FG jsut needs another program for module creation

on that can do all the things without having touse the gaming interface, but has a palette of items for creating a table, or bolding text, or adding an image linebreak, etc... Maybe not fully WYSIWYG, but the best thing so far is the former NPC Engineer, though i dont recall what its name was changed to when more tools were added... will ahve to track it down wherever Maasq hid it to find out what all it does now. but if it is a part of the FGU package, then it would be great.
    There is no reason it couldn't be part of FGU proper down the road. With a little updating and tweaks things could be wysiwyg. It certainly will require some changes to current methods but it can be done. With Author is does everything wysiwyg. If we could get inline images add the "theme" background/imaging options in story entries it'd be a lot closer. Adding a chapter/subchapter system would be pretty easy to do.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by shadzar View Post
    but the best thing so far is the former NPC Engineer, though i dont recall what its name was changed to when more tools were added... will ahve to track it down wherever Maasq hid it to find out what all it does now. but if it is a part of the FGU package, then it would be great.
    Hiya!
    www.masq.net for the application (Engineer Suite). At the moment it can do images, tokens, NPCs, spells. Equipment is in the embryonic stage

And while I'd love to sell it for 5 million dollars(!), it isn't written in Unity so it would be useless to Smiteworks. I had a look at Unity and the thought of constructing the GUI for what I do.... I shuddered, uninstalled and had a swift drink. Now if one of the Smiteworks guys tell me that GUI work is OK, that there is a library I can use - then I might look at it again. The 5 million dollars is going to be a stumbling block, though, unless LordEntrails ponies up for that evergreen license

Maasq
    Engineer Suite
    Import, build or edit NPCs/spells/equipment and then parse them directly into a Fantasy Grounds module.

Download the latest version from the website.
    Support me by becoming a patron on Patreon.

Chat directly about issues or suggest features on the
    Discord channel.
    Post issues on the issue tracker on Github.

One thought I was thinking of. A special FG fridays when FGU is released just to go over configuration changes of FGC to FGU including the new way networking will be handled and changes with that.

Thread Information