FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Twitch Exposure

Twitch Exposure

I have recently come into some free time now that my little one is a bit older and have come back to the FG community. I noticed some threads about roll20's 600k mark and others about ways to give FG some exposure. I am not sure if this has been discussed but if people were to start regular streams of FG games it would greatly enhance the amount of people exposed to FG and the awesomeness that it is. In my experience with Twitch (I know quite a few streamers), I can guarantee that it would give FG quite a bit of exposure, this would also allow possible customers/users to see the game in action. There are videos and the like people can look at but it really isn't the same. A really great way to show titles to the gaming community is to have people constantly streaming the game.

I popped into a stream of a game where the people were using roll20 and asked in chat if anyone had tried FG, not one person out of like 170 people at the time knew what FG was. This would also be great to see people doing streams during FG Con.

Just a thought.

There are some on twitch already. Most just aren't labeled with Fantasy Grounds. I was watching a recorded one where all the players were scottish I believe, it was pretty cool.

Blog Entries
    I think you are correct. I need to start planning how we can reach out to twitch, along with all the other various sources.

I don't really know the first thing about streaming, but if it's easy and my players don't mind, I would be happy to.

I've recently started to streaming our game sessions with google hangouts on air. It allows live broadcasting of the game and automatic storing of the video in a youtube channel.

So far the results are pretty good, although there are some things that don't work as I would like.

You can view the result in our youtube channel, Fantasy Grounds Iberia (in spanish, I'm afraid...)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmF...5gCb0QQ/videos

Blog Entries
    I considered it after watching ShotgunJolly's session live on twitch but from what I could gather from their site it seems I need to have a certain card for my pc. I'm not very tech savvy and my bandwidth is limited. I am however considering uploading games to youtube. Perhaps if we had a dedicated channel. Hell, a player already uploaded one of my demo game on twitch. That was pretty neat.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Streaming itself isn't that hard. However you do require the proper hardware and "up" bandwidth to do it well. It actually might be easier to have a player do the stream which is viewpoint you want to publicise the most anyway.

VenomousFiligree
    Might be worth getting something together to specifically showcase FG on twitch. I'd be happy to play (and record) such a session. Possibly even GM...

Blog Entries
    i think it would be best for a player to upload as you dont want to interfere with teh GMs upload speed - then again many of you dont have upload limitations like we do in Aus. Additionally while the player view is very cool *most* of the magic is happening on the GM side... hmmm...

The GM could record normally and upload it separately to Youtube. Then you'd just post a link in twitch that says something like, "The GM's perspective is uploaded to youtube here: _______."

Thread Information