Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Ultimate License now available by subscription

For those gamers who want to host all their friends without requiring them to pay for a license of Fantasy Grounds but who don't want to spring for the Ultimate all up front, we now offer a monthly subscription of $9.99. We still offer the one-time purchase for those people who prefer that method.

Blog Entries
    Great business decision as I believe the $150 price tag or asking your players to buy a players license was putting a lot of people off. At least that's the feedback I keep getting from gamers I talk to.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Hopefully this will allow more gaming groups to see what truly sets Fantasy Grounds apart from the competition.

Could get you more money in the long run, unless you are "paid-off" after 16 months. Good idea.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Blog Entries
    it is a subscription - so yes - if you stay on subscription you will pay more in the long run - just like you would with roll20. over time roll20 is much more expensive.
    as someone else also mentioned in another post it is good if you sometimes need to rotate GMs too - you can just spring for a month long subscription when you need to swap your usual GM.

I think this is a good move, personally, though I would still stick with the pay once option.

But yeah, the ability to swap GMs would be super nice.
    Ultimate License Operator - You don't need any license to play in my games.
    Administrator of D&D Wiki, and its Facebook page
    Creator and Caretaker of the Tirr Campaign Setting

Applause. Good move Smiteworks.

Blog Entries
    Thanks. We will see how many people take advantage of it. At the end of the day, more options for players, GMs and gaming groups can't be a bad thing.

I wish there had been this option a week and a half ago when I bought my license.

Trust me in the long run you are better off by not paying subscription...I bought Fantasy Grounds in 2005 and have not had to pay any more charges (other than buying modules etc.) since!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information