5E Character Create Playlist
Page 53 of 54 First ... 34351525354 Last

Thread: PAR5E Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    Can I infer that there is a non-public version I could purchase?
    There is a version of par5e which is not available publicly either free or to purchase. It is used internally by Smiteworks.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    Can I infer that there is a non-public version I could purchase?
    Nope, that will probably never be up for sale.

So.....when you say "probably", you mean there is a chance? <grin>

joking in case you couldn't tell

Probably never.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

So after spending the entire morning and some of this afternoon on creating a custom class for 5e utilizing this tool, I've come to a minor problem. I noticed on a previous thread somewhere that stated that this tool couldn't create the archetype trigger page (like the skills) once you reach the appropriate level for choosing an Archetype. I was wondering if that was still a thing considering the UA download on DMG site has that available. Also... how do you assign a module picture with the newer version of par5e?

Blog Entries
    The UA file on DMSguikd was hand coded in XML.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

The public version of par5e does not have the pop up feature, you're gonna need to manually insert the XML or use another parser.
    My Project : FG5EParser LINK

Current Projects : Revamped FG5eParser v2!

Hi Kaean welcome to FG and to the community.

You may (or may not) find this useful. Additionally you'll find kp9911's par5er linked here.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi Kaean welcome to FG and to the community.

You may (or may not) find this useful. Additionally you'll find kp9911's par5er linked here.
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I tried opening up the first one in Notepad++ and it came up with a lot of "‚0+ INb4zTk˜9sfw†ٳ:ì™a0mj€832t" I'm not well trained in coding, but I don't think I did something right. I opened up the .mod itself with the Edit in Notepad++. As for the second one, does it let me just drop in the class instead of trying to fill out each of the bars? I actually enjoyed working through the standard N++ page and the templates came pretty naturally for me. (Did maybe a total of two hours to code it since I was creating the class on the fly.)

Edit: And I just found your Zip response further down the page. I'll take another look at it and come back if I have troubles! Thanks folks!
    Last edited by KaeanCyredathem; June 21st, 2017 at 21:57.

I am currently using PAR5E v0.0.9-b62 and just began working on the Spells. PAR5E doesn't seem to work as expected based on the DD5E Guide and the Tutorial video.

I do have all the Bard spells listed in my text file, just not showing all of them here. My text file looks like this:

Code:
    #@;
    Bard Spells

Cantrips (0 Level)
    Blade Ward
    Dancing Lights
    Friends
    Light

1st Level
    Animal Friendship
    Bane
    Charm Person
    Comprehend Languages
    When I parse it, all the spells are listed under Level -1 Spells, not by Cantrips or 1st Level, etc...

Is there a revised way to have the text file setup for parsing?
    Time Zone: EST/GMT -5

Insanity is relative, it depends who has whom locked in what cage.

Thread Information