STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

I agree, embedding the teamspeak client in the fantasy grounds client would make things a little easier. It would also mean we could the see voice status while fg is fullscreen.
    I also think that being able to use voice while not connected to a server is important.

Blog Entries
    Sometimes GM has computer issues, FW issues or is late etc. If the players can still chat in TeamSpeak then its not so bad. If the Voice client is on the GMs side... then its fubar all over.

Yeah, like damned said, that is my greatest reservation. Its much nicer having a separate app for voice because you can walk people through connection issues with FG. Also if the alias server is down you can give them an IP address to direct connect if the players have the lite version or better.

I am all for keeping them separate.

WOW and World of Tanks have built in voice chat, anyone ever really use those to any great extent? From what I remember WOW voice chat was HORRIBLE and the WOT chat makes it sound like you are talking thru a couple tin cans connected by wire.

Is it really that big a deal to see who is talking? I mean if it is a regular group you will learn the 4-6 other voices quickly enough and if it is a one-off then just click into TS on occasion to see who is talking if they are really annoying (and you never want to play with them again) or really good (and you want to note who they are for future reference).
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

I agree. Which is why I said include the TeamSpeak CLIENT in the FG client (both for the players and the GM). This way you could choose to connect to a TS server from the start screen but not have to run two applications...
    I don't think it as a big deal, but for beginners it is a bit confusing having to download and install a third party application to join in a FG game. It's just one more hurdle that makes it harder than it could/should be.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    I agree. Which is why I said include the TeamSpeak CLIENT in the FG client (both for the players and the GM). This way you could choose to connect to a TS server from the start screen but not have to run two applications...
    I don't think it as a big deal, but for beginners it is a bit confusing having to download and install a third party application to join in a FG game. It's just one more hurdle that makes it harder than it could/should be.
    I think those are the 2 main points... having an integrated client is *simpler* for users but allowing people to use their preferred (and presumably the one that works best for them) client is always going to give a better overall result...

I'm successfully using Discord with a private group to DM my games remotely. Discord have recently allowed video but I haven't tried this yet. I would be interested to know if anyone out there has managed to use Discord the video DM sessions and how they managed it.

I've spent all day looking for how people are using Discord Video with FG. I read lots of people saying they do it, but no one says how :/

Quote Originally Posted by c-Sym View Post
    I've spent all day looking for how people are using Discord Video with FG. I read lots of people saying they do it, but no one says how :/
    Welcome to the forums!

Discord is not integrated into FG, you run Discord separately from FG and use the video in Discord. So you'll have FG and Discord running on your computer at the same time - but they don't interact with each other.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Atm i'm in the process of setting up a dnd stream and... sadly i have to use roll20 for cameras (teht pop in fixed position wich make my life easier on obs) and sounds (built in connection to tabletop audio). But this brings a second point of failure wich i would gladly avoid if FG had a built-in solution......

Thread Information