DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Licensing question..

Sorry if this had been asked. I did a bit of searching and didn't find my answer.. As I contemplate purchase of the ultimate license. I had one question...
    How long is it good for?? Will it be good for every update to come including both major and minor releases? (like when it goes to Fantasy grounds 4) I know we are at 3.07 now. or will I have to buy an update at the major releases? I am just trying to understand before I make the investment. I am looking into other options as well so I want to get what makes the most sense to me... I appreciate any insight.

Thanks in advance.

Sprout

It's a one-time purchase, good for a lifetime as I understand it.

The current way of thinking by Smiteworks is that you get free upgrades. However, they have said that may not be the case forever and they may have to reassess that policy sometime in the future. Recent post here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post181891

I would imagine you'd be safe for a while though...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Buy FG - you won't regret it if you're a gamer.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Blog Entries
    People who bought FG back in 2005 are still getting free updates to the latest version
    As posted above - past performance is not a reliable indicator or future performance - but so far (last 9years) its been a one time purchase - doesnt get much better than that

I appreciate the replies. Looks like I will be fully joining the community in the next day or so as my work schedule allows time to play.

One final question to seal the deal... I have both a win laptop and a win tablet. Both currently running the FG free version for testing. If I buy the ultimate license will I be able to use license on both? Only one will be used at any given time but I will use the Laptop when GM at home and tablet for GM away. I know other products don't care about that sort of thing. Once again thanks for indulging my newbie questions...

Smiteworks allow you to use the license in this way - such as developing on one PC and running on another, or as you will while away from your normal PC. As long as the license is only ever being used by you (it is a user license for you) and you don't use it on more than one PC at the same time.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the quick response. I could see using both computers at the same time as you say developing. one running as the GM the other as a player to see if what I want to do happens. Or is it going to check the server and give me a "license in use" error? Of course both would be in use ONLY by myself. I am a big "support the developers for cool stuff" kind of guy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. I could see using both computers at the same time as you say developing. one running as the GM the other as a player to see if what I want to do happens. Or is it going to check the server and give me a "license in use" error? Of course both would be in use ONLY by myself. I am a big "support the developers for cool stuff" kind of guy
    Only one computer at a time. Start GM instance. Start 2nd instance and connect to localhost to get a player view.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information