5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Hi Samarex... do the drag across two screens - its not perfect but it does work.
    Yes that's what I was referring to by the Stretch Option. Between that and /scaleui down to 65 its all readable and I can get everything I want up on the 2 screens

Typically you don't usually have to change your resolutions unless you have a such a large difference that you lose the PC or token buttons on the right side. Try just putting the text heavy Combat tracker and/or character sheet on the screen in lower resolution. This will help with the text. Even if you do lose a button on the right side of the FG desktop you can just drag FG back over and press the button but during actual game play once you gotten your character sheet open, I think most people only mess with the Library and Notes buttons.

I personally as a GM only use 1 1/2 screens for FG and the other half screen for a PDF, TeamSpeak or a Browser. I have different sized monitors and while I lose some of the Top of the FG desktop on the half screen it doesn't effect the game and the extra space is worth.
    Last edited by Griogre; November 25th, 2015 at 18:30.

I didn't have much loss when I had a 1920x1200 monitor and 1920x1080 monitor. Now that my primary monitor is 3840x2160 however, stretching to the second screen isn't much of an option anymore.

I changed out the second Mon today with the kids, So now they match 1600x900 and 1360x900 instead of having to drop to x768 before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    I didn't have much loss when I had a 1920x1200 monitor and 1920x1080 monitor. Now that my primary monitor is 3840x2160 however, stretching to the second screen isn't much of an option anymore.
    What do you need another monitor for when you already have 4 full HD screens worth of real estate?
    Ok, ok, Moar!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    What do you need another monitor for when you already have 4 full HD screens worth of real estate?
    Ok, ok, Moar!
    For those DMs that make giant maps that I can still barely fit on my screen!

Second monitor support would be nice.

Until then, I've figured out a way to reduce my panels used down to just 2: A resized map window and my combat tracker. I link everything but PC/NPC character sheets with either pins on the map or hotkeys along the bottom, opening and closing them when I need to. As far as PC/NPC character sheets, I simply open them from the map/combat tracker when I need them, and then close them when not.

It keeps my screen pretty clear when I play. A middle-click mouse is also a big help, since I can drag the map view around quickly and easily. Best $6 Logitech Mouse I've ever purchased. I used to use my MagicMouse and hotkeys and it was a pain with the single screen.

Yes vote here. Doesn't make much sense that this ISN'T supported. Being able to keep misc data on a second screen would help immensely and I haven't even started DM'ing yet...
    Table Top RP XP: AD&D 2nd Edition, Vamp the Masq, Werewolf, Shadowrun, GURPS, BattleTech,
    Would like to Play: D&D 5e (purchased basic + core class pack)
    Interface: Prefer voicechat (whatever DM calls for), video is a-ok as well
    Availability: UTC-05:00 Mon - Friday (every other Fri) Nights (anytime after 7pm) Saturdays & Sundays (Flexible Time)
    Synopsis: 36 y/o, read a solid amount of AD&D fiction but it's been years; Have 10 hours xp w/ FG

I use dual monitors like this

Attachment 15081
    Paranormal GM

Blog Entries
    I use three monitors when I DM at home. Really miss it when I travel and have to use my laptop.

Stretching it over multiple monitors work, but having windows independent of the program frame so I could just drag them over to another monitor would be better. Since stretching works, I hope that other things like UI cleaning up and improvements come first.

The only real issue with stretching you need to be careful about is the maximize button and how you do the initial stretching as you'll often end up snapping the program to your main monitor only if you are not careful.

Thread Information