FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

OSRIC conversion into core

Is anyone looking at moving OSRIC into the 3.0 format based off of core? Is there any interest in such an animal?

I had been wondering the same - seems like a natural fit.
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    Have you looked at Castles&Crusades?
    Ok - its not OSRIC and it deviates from OSRIC in a number of areas but it is a fantastic old school ruleset and is super functional and as it is a fully licensed product and has a full conversion done of the PHB all for $10 - you really cant go wrong.

I second that Damned! It's a fantastic rule set. It plays well and is very fluid.

Blog Entries
    3rded.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Make that 4th'd.
    Aliens.... Go fig?

Blog Entries
    I don't think it's going to happen unless someone else decides to adopt it. I would go with C&C as well.

There is a group of us that have recently taken a look at OSRIC for our old school gaming. We found a few bugs and would like to know how to fix them or if there is someone that can help fix them. Things like the Magic User saves are wrong when you hit the button to "Set save and to hit score". The THACO is correct and all other classes saves are correct, just not Magic User.

Also, we noticed that at certain times on some character sheets (especially if multi-classing) the THACO numbers bounced between a couple of values.

There are a few other small things that we can work around without much problem or address when we get those fixed.

Not computer programmers by any stretch of the imagination but motivated to help if someone can give some guidance. We have no idea what it would take to build OSRIC on the CORE RPG base, but more than willing to help with data entry and testing.

I am learning some XML so at some point we will build modules for weapons/spells/etc.

Just need someone willing to give us a little help.

AND YES, I know C&C is out there (I actually play in a C&C campaign) but that is not what we are wanting, we want OSRIC.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

I'm very surprised about MU's saves... You can look at them : there are in the .lua file named Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\OSRIC\scripts\oldschoolreferences.lua

What values are wrong ? They seem correct for OSRIC...

I'm currently working on a brand new ruleset for old school gaming. It will be comptabile with OSRIC, Ad&d, D&d and the retro clones. Ascending or descending will be an option for example. It's still a work in progress because my first OSRIC ruleset was really messy...

Thread Information