DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by rule of three View Post
    I'm very surprised about MU's saves... You can look at them : there are in the .lua file named Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\OSRIC\scripts\oldschoolreferences.lua

What values are wrong ? They seem correct for OSRIC...

I'm currently working on a brand new ruleset for old school gaming. It will be comptabile with OSRIC, Ad&d, D&d and the retro clones. Ascending or descending will be an option for example. It's still a work in progress because my first OSRIC ruleset was really messy...
    Thanks for the reply, I'll take a look at the file and try the character sheet again.
    Ultimate License Holder--All can play in my games.

Need Help as a GM, PM me and I will give as much assistance as I can to get you started.

COMPLETED PROJECTS--Fifth Edition Foes (Frog God Games) 5E. Quests of Doom Volume 1 (Frog God Games) 5E, Quests of Doom Volume II (Frog God Games) 5E.

CURRENT PROJECTS--Quests of Doom 3 & 4 (Frog God Games) 5E.

I'm very surprised about MU's saves... You can look at them : there are in the .lua file named Fantasy Grounds II\rulesets\OSRIC\scripts\oldschoolreferences.lua

I'm currently working on a brand new ruleset for old school gaming. It will be comptabile with OSRIC, Ad&d, D&d and the retro clones. Ascending or descending will be an option for example. It's still a work in progress because my first OSRIC ruleset was really messy...
    Excellent! Is there anything I can help with?

That would be great!

I'm willing to try!

Quote Originally Posted by jshauber View Post
    AND YES, I know C&C is out there (I actually play in a C&C campaign) but that is not what we are wanting, we want OSRIC.
    I agree.

Now that Smiteworks have the ability to sell 5E content, do you think there would be any chance of them doing older versions of D&D? I for one would play 2nd Edition D&D again. Everyone says this about C&C, and you guys are right with C&C, it is a pretty awesome game and take on old school (I've bought into it), but it's not D&D. There is a ton of content and adventures in the other versions of D&D just lost and forgotten. Different settings, more than there is today. Ravenloft, Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Al-Qadim. Still a lot of fun. I think it is kind of sad it hasn't been worked on as much in the community. And I think a lot of people still play Old school 2nd edition. I don't know, just seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by xKrisx View Post
    Now that Smiteworks have the ability to sell 5E content, do you think there would be any chance of them doing older versions of D&D?
    As a big C&C fan, I wholeheartedly agree... in some ways C&C and earlier versions of D&D are very close, but they just aren't the same things. Heck, I have an AD&D 1e campaign I've played in since 1985 (having our 30 year celebration this summer), and I don't think the DM would even switch to OSRIC... it's gotta be AD&D 1e, or nothing. I wish FG could fill that role. I believe there was at one point an eye towards the possibility of doing something with earlier versions of D&D, but the focus was understandably on 5e. Now that that is in the bag, maybe we'll see some movement on this front? If I knew somebody was digging into the ruleset, I'd probably jump in to converting at least the MM, if not perhaps other books, too. Any word on this, Mr. Davidson?
    "A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for." - John Shedd
    "Why is it every time we need to get somewhere, I get waylaid by jackassery?" - Dr. Thaddeus Venture
    -- CA (Pacific time zone) --

Blog Entries
    I think there would need to be a proven market for SmiteWorks to do a full on ruleset build.
    I have seen just as much chatter about a 2E ruleset as I have for a 1E ruleset so that would also factor.

How much Combat Tracker <-> Character Sheet integration/interaction would matter too.
    Adding in the ability to handle effects really ups the complexity.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Well, I honestly think there would be a market. Everyone who plays C&C... It's the main reason a lot of people are steered towards it is because there are no AD&D 1E or 2E options. Good ones. I really think it should be looked at more. Maybe a poll or some kind of official revamp on at least the rule set and way of imputing things in.

When I use the 2e rule set I can't even get characters into the combat tracker for example. Or yet to figure it out. I'd just like to see more. Hopefully in time with enough pleading from the community.

Blog Entries
    Its been like a 100 years since I last played 1e, OK not that long but its been a really long time and I never played 2e. Are those 2 versions really that much different? Wouldn't a thorough 2e ruleset cover 1e, you just ignore that 2e character parts?
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Its been like a 100 years since I last played 1e, OK not that long but its been a really long time and I never played 2e. Are those 2 versions really that much different? Wouldn't a thorough 2e ruleset cover 1e, you just ignore that 2e character parts?
    If you are happy to overlook the differences you may as well just stick with C&C!

xKrisx at a guess... from a commercial PoV Smitewoks might spend 100 hours on a reasonable 1E ruleset.... That is the framework only - not the conversion of PHB, MM, DMG etc. And at that point this is still not that saleable a product.... Id like to see it but I think it will depend on a lot of things including how many new players 5e brings in.
    I would like to see more Basic rulesets - rulesets without all the Bells&Whistles of 3.5/4/5e/PF. Functional Character Sheet, Targeting and Combat Resolution in the Combat Tracker.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    I am guessing that an extension would probably fix C&C for AD&D. I am not that familiar with C&C, but changing the AC calculation (as simple as changing the operator from plus to minus?) and creating a separate section for saving throws would probably be a good start. Of course, you would still have to pay for C&C to run the extension which is less-than-ideal.

I agree with damned. More rulesets that cover basic needs would be nice. I am slowly dissecting the C&C ruleset in hopes of building a DCC RPG ruleset. It would not be hard to create one for AD&D after that, but it will probably take me awhile for me to reduce it to a simple, functioning ruleset.

Thread Information