DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 9 First ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by cmdisc View Post
    Actually I did some more digging. According to the Guide rules on Modules, Adventure Paths and Free RPG Day Modules, they differ from Scenarios. Unless specific to an adventure Free Day Mods are similar to Scenarios in their XP and PP, but the only gold cap mentioned is in the Mod section that raises it from 500 to 1398 for 1st lvl credit applications. So does this mean Krag (or any 1st lvl that gets credit) gain the full 1237gps? Or is there something I'm missing?
    Normally modules are much longer and give 3 XP. Free RPG Day modules are only worth 1 XP, like a scenario, so I gave the gold limit for a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by krag View Post
    I'm fine with the 500gp honestly. I was more than happy to play just for the sake of playing. The fact that I get anything at all is over my expectations. I appreciate you guys looking into it, and for future reference I'm sure it'll be great, but I honestly don't want my character (Ulloruk) to be over-geared for the adventures ahead of him. And honestly at this moment I am looking at just holding onto any gold he has until after the next one-shot he does.

Also, I was curious as to why it is that it was expected that I implement this to a level 1 character. I thought that since the pre-made was level 3, I wouldn't get the benefits of this run until my character reached level 3, and THAN it would be implemented to my character.
    Glad you enjoyed it. I assumed you would want to apply this to your first character because that's what experience has taught me new players do. If you want to hold the credit until you get your character to third level, you certainly can. Just let me know and I'll adjust things. I'll answer your PM questions later when I have more time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaynorr View Post
    Just wanted to mention that this was a lot of fun - I don't participate in Pathfinder Society so don't worry about my boon choice. Glad to hear that the module was oversized for a single session - it felt like two or maybe three session's worth of encounters overall. Great stuff, even considering my swashbuckler didn't get to break out her full kit.
    Thanks, glad to have you. The length caught me flat-footed, as each encounter seemed very simple. I forgot to account for the widespread DR. An evoker would have been useful. The swashbuckler wasn't the best choice they could have made for this one, but I thought you made good use of her. If you change your mind about the Chronicle, let me know. I made a template so I can whip one up for you quickly.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Yes, I see that the Free Day Modules are like regular Modules except for their limit on XP and PP similar to Scenarios. I just didn't see in the Guide where it also limited the gold. It only mentioned gaining the gold shown on the chronicle. Hence I wasn't sure why the cap of 500 was there. I can see why it would be though. A regular Module giving 3xp would jump a 1st lvl guy to 2nd, so allowing for 1398gps would make sure they don't fall behind the curve (assuming normal progression of 500 per XP minus some minor expenditures). So it certainly seems reasonable. But then I can also understand it being seen as a way to boost a new build out of the gate after participating in something that is quite a bit more difficult than a standard Scenario. +700gps in the long run isn't really that much. And early on the purchase limits keep a character in check anyway.

And I'll add to kaynorr that if you liked it, you should see about building a character and running him/her through a few more to get a flavor for what PFS has to offer. I and others are always willing to assist. I've only gone through 15 sessions myself so far, but have enjoyed each of them. And the GMs running things are pretty good too. The upcoming FG-Con in Oct is a good way to work in a few sessions of this or that and to try things out. It isn't PFS exclusive, so you can try lots of different things, but PFS does make up a sizeable part of it. This upcoming one will be my third that I've attended and I usually take the time before hand to build up the points with the wife so I can spend the extended weekend doing nothing but gaming and being a dead-beat hubby and dad.
    Those of you who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.

FG License: Ultimate
    Server Alias: crazy cave dashing ninja
    TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    TeamSpeak Password (case sensitive): Dungeoneers

Ah, I forgot to include Logus' PFS number 4 posts back.

Chronicle credit will be for Logus Blithe, PFS # 110933-2, History of the Sands boon. As he's currently 2.1, it won't take effect for another 2 scenarios.

Dropbox updated with signatures and drafts.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Chronicle looks good. Thanks.

Signed.

Thread Information