STAR TREK 2d20

Chat Log Entry Timestamps

I'd like to be able to add timestamps to each chat-log entry; possibly also a running total time. For experimentation/troubleshooting purposes. Has something like this been done already and I've missed it?
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

I added support for the os.time function in our Lua interface in v3.0, so you should be able to use that. There is no support for timers, or turning on time stamps for chat/console or logging.

Regards,
    JPG

Are there any known extensions that modify the chat log via Lua that might be repurposed? I know a bit of Javascript, but I'm not a coder—I wouldn't be able to make it from scratch.
    It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by bolts of lightning.

MW, thanks for adding os.time. Somehow, I missed that you had done that.

There are no APIs to modify chat log directly. Adding time stamps to existing messages would require overriding an existing ruleset to inject into the messages.

A general purpose time stamp capability would require a fair amount of changes that would need to be updated and maintained with each new release.

From your original post, I thought you were looking to add time stamps to code you were adding to FG already.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information