FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Would the time slot work in general, just not this week?
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    Would the time slot work in general, just not this week?
    Yes, the time slot is good for me (8am CST) usually, just have a few non-gaming commitments this month unfortunately.

Though I think Hector may be available for this weekend so if you can get a group together please do so and don't wait for me.

Happy gaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Hector Trelane View Post
    Okay Valarian, if this offer still stands, how about looking at the schedule now? (I am getting back into circulation now that real life is settling down...)
    I've set up a calendar entry starting the 18th Nov. I'll add a link for voice to the GM announcements once I have something set up.
    Calendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calen...ex.xcp?id=3256

I'd be very interested (I loved a FGCon game you ran a few years ago). But, after having Sundays free for ages, I'm now busy Octboer 18th and 25th. But then free again after that. I'll keep an eye on this thread to see when you play and if there's a chance for me to join (depending on space and your permission of course!)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The time slot is good depending on the weekend. I could do Nov 18 but Nov 25 is a family holiday. (I can also log in Nov 11 in this time slot.)

Would you want us to make up characters beforehand?

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

The time slot is good depending on the weekend. I could do Nov 18 but Nov 25 is a family holiday. (I can also log in Nov 11 in this time slot.)
    I can't do tonight. We can skip the 25th if the majority can't make it.
    Would you want us to make up characters beforehand?
    Ideally, unless you need help creating the character. Azrapse's character builder, linked in the useful links GM announcement is pretty good at guiding you through the process. I'll start with going through the character sheet in the ruleset, where the information goes and how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarian View Post
    I can't do tonight. We can skip the 25th if the majority can't make it.

Ideally, unless you need help creating the character. Azrapse's character builder, linked in the useful links GM announcement is pretty good at guiding you through the process. I'll start with going through the character sheet in the ruleset, where the information goes and how it works.
    Just found that character creator. Pretty slick. Here’s the link for easy reference: https://azrapse.es/tor/sheet.html

I assume you want us to stick with the starting cultures? I’ll make a Woodman of Wilderland, a wanderer who can heal and make campsites on the trail as hospitable as home.

Update: Done! I've used this nifty tool and it eases the character creation process. Next up: find a portrait and choose a name. I'll poke around for collections of Tolkein-styled character portraits... referrals welcome.

FYI-- needs a name but I successfully used this tool. I've got this saved as code so can edit (I think) as needed. I've only skimmed the character creation rules so can't claim to understand the mechanics (but I'll read them more closely in the coming days). This is a character chose for roleplay and inspired by the feeling of vast wilderness and journeying that The One Ring evokes.

Concept: Wanders the lands near and under the eaves of Mirkwood. Makes a hospitable home in the wild for travel companions he befriends, with food, song, healing, and wayfinding.

Couldn't find portrait treasury but here's a couple that will do:

Here are stats:

Name: [Not yet named.]

Culture: Woodman of Wilderland Standard of Living: Frugal
    Cultural blessing: Woodcrafty
    Calling: Wanderer Shadow weakness: Wandering-madness
    Specialities: Fishing, Herb-lore, Folk-lore
    Distinctive features: Cunning, Patient
    Body: 3 Heart: 5 Wits: 6
    Body (favoured): 6 Heart (favoured): 7 Wits (favoured): 7

-Common Skills-
    • Awe: 0 Inspire: 1 Persuade: 1
    • Athletics: 2 Travel: 1 Stealth: 2
    • Awareness: 2 Insight: 1 Search: 1
    • Explore: 3 Healing: 3 Hunting: 2
    • Song: 2 Courtesy: 1 Riddle: 1
    • Craft: 1 Battle: 1 Lore: 1
    -Weapon Skills-
    • Long-hafted axe: 2
    • Spear: 1
    • Dagger: 1
    • Bow: 1
    -Rewards-:
    -Virtues-: Herbal Remedies
    -Gear-
    • Long-hafted axe damage: 5/7 edge: G injury: 18/20 enc: 3
    • Spear damage: 5 edge: 9 injury: 14 enc: 2
    • Dagger damage: 3 edge: G injury: 12 enc: 0
    • Bow damage: 5 edge: 10 injury: 14 enc: 1

Endurance: 25 Starting Endurance: 25 Fatigue from Encumbrance: 6 Fatigue from Travel: 0 Total Fatigue: 6
    Hope: 15 Starting Hope: 15 Temporary Shadow: 0 Permanent Shadow: 0 Total Shadow: 0
    Armour: 0 Headgear: 0
    Parry: 6 Shield: 0
    Damage: 0 Ranged: 0
    Wisdom: 2 Valour: 1
    Experience: 0 Missing:uitotal: 0
    Fellowship: 0 Advancement: 0 Treasure: 0 Standing: 0 Courage: 0
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hector Trelane; November 12th, 2018 at 21:03. Reason: Update

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Screen shot of initial session!

Attached Images Attached Images

Earth, approximately 250 million light years away from the constellation of Kasterborus
    Some screen shots of session two! The game session captured Middle-earth brilliantly.

Valarian, thank you again for hosting!

Session 2-1.jpg
    Session 2-2.jpg

That is a beautiful looking game.

Thread Information