STAR TREK 2d20
Page 5 of 12 First ... 34567 ... Last
    thanks for the heads-up on the bundle trenloe, just scored the whole set
    Life is too short to worry about things you can do nothing about
    Gaming since '78, DM/GMing since '79 (an ultimate grognard)
    Ultimate License owner

Coming into the last day of the Bundle of Holding... Grab it while you can!

Hi, I have the Extension for The One Ring by Valarian (if I remember correctly) and it is great.

I have been preparing the maps and adversaries to play The Theft of The Moon (a great fan based intro scenario by Zed) and everything seems fine.

I then started to add generic adversaries from the books: orcs, spiders etc. This again is fine, apart from that when I come to select them I have a big long list of adversaries to scroll though to find the ones I want, and I have only added a fraction of the adversaries available.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to create folders in the adversaries tab so that I can put all orcs in one, all spiders in another etc?

2. Is it possible to resize the windows that the maps and items appear in? I play as a player in a WFRP 3e game and an arrow icon appears if you mouse over the edges of maps, but this isn't seeming to happen in this.

3. How do you add player characters to the combat tracker? I can add adversaries fine and they appear with their stats, but I can't seem to add the player characters.

4. Is it possible to add magic items? If so how?

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help me.

Loving this game and can't wait to finally play over Fantasy Grounds, as I live in an area where there are no groups that I am aware of. And I have little time to join a group. Stupid work!

Gazery

1. Right-click and add categories to the NPC area. Name them by writing in the chat area and dragging to the category icon.
    2. Press CTRL and drag the edges of the windows.
    3. Drag from the portrait of the character in the top left to the combat tracker.
    4. Magic items are just items. Add description. Or create a note and add it to the notes area.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thank you so much, I was hoping I was being stupid. That makes my life a bit easier. Now just need to finish inputting everything in.

Gazery

Also, Welcome to FG and the community!

I have a question about the character sheet. On the GM client its showing the names of the tabs. But when the player looks at the player sheet the only tab they can read is the Main tab, all the other tabs are unnamed. How would I fix this?

Okay i worked it out. I copied the files below from the fcore-TOR.ext to the foundations_core.pak

charsheet.xml
    charsheet_combat.xml
    charsheet_fellowship.xml
    charsheet_gear.xml
    charsheet_listitems.xml
    charsheet_main.xml
    charsheet_notes.xml
    charsheet_rewards.xml
    charsheet_years.xml

Seems to work out okay. But I didn't extensively test it.

Also how does a client zoom into a image, it seems to just move the player tokens. How do you resize the image on both gm and player client? I cannot make it a rectangle.
    Last edited by Durak; May 6th, 2016 at 19:09.

You don't need to copy the files. Put the foundation_core.pak file in rulesets and the .ext file in extensions. You select the extension when starting a campaign and this puts the files over the base. You'll be missing all the NPC and combat tracker functionality.

Resizing the image, you press CTRL and drag the edge of the image.
    Zoom in - press CTRL, go to the + icon in the bottom right of the image, move mouse up / down.
    Last edited by Valarian; May 6th, 2016 at 20:11.

I did what you said. I did turn on the Extension when creating the campaign. I put the files in the correct folders. But the player client does not see the tab names in his client. The GM sees everything the way you said.

I show you what i mean.
    Player View

(removed pic)

GM View

(removed pic)

You can see on the player view there are no names on the other tabs. Also you can see the icon for moving the view in the GM screen is not on the image for player view. So they don't have the ability to move the view around. But CTRL does resize the window.
    Last edited by Durak; May 12th, 2016 at 20:18. Reason: Removed pics. too big

This will be down to not having images in the foundations folder that were in the extension. You need to utilise the extension.

Thread Information