Starfinder Playlist
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before or if it already a known issue. Class feature usage check boxes aren't unique to the individual class feature. What I mean by that is: if you have 2 class features (in my example, a second level fighter has Action Surge and Second Wind that can each be used once and become available again after a short rest) and you check off the usage of one, both features are checked.

Here is how I set up these class features:

Here is how they show in "Standard" mode:

And here is what happens if I check on (Action Surge), the other class feature is also checked and not usable (disappears from "Combat" mode):

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Click the Magnifying Glass to the right of the Class Feature title. Make sure that uses per Rest/Day are set to 0 there.

Quote Originally Posted by vodokar View Post
    Click the Magnifying Glass to the right of the Class Feature title. Make sure that uses per Rest/Day are set to 0 there.
    Thanks for the hint. I didn't even see that magnifying glass in the title - doh! That appears to work OK now... Thanks again.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Dragging and dropping parsed classes onto the PC sheet simulates level advancement - drop Rogue 3 times will make the PC 3rd level Rogue with all the abilities etc of the class. I did this as an experiment and got to 5th level and decided to see how multiclassing works. I dragged Fighter on 3 times and it seemed OK but when I dropped Fighter on a 4th time he got Indomitable, which a fighter doesn't get until 9th level. The PC sheet is adding the Rogue level 5 to the Fighter level 4 and adding the abilities for the total levels (9). Is that supposed to be how it works in 5E? p. 56 of the Basic rules seem to imply it should be for the class level, rather than the total level.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by El Condoro View Post
    Dragging and dropping parsed classes onto the PC sheet simulates level advancement - drop Rogue 3 times will make the PC 3rd level Rogue with all the abilities etc of the class. I did this as an experiment and got to 5th level and decided to see how multiclassing works. I dragged Fighter on 3 times and it seemed OK but when I dropped Fighter on a 4th time he got Indomitable, which a fighter doesn't get until 9th level. The PC sheet is adding the Rogue level 5 to the Fighter level 4 and adding the abilities for the total levels (9). Is that supposed to be how it works in 5E? p. 56 of the Basic rules seem to imply it should be for the class level, rather than the total level.
    Your right El Condoro, Class Features gained should be based off the Class Level not the Character Level (which is the combined total of all Class levels). This appears the be the case in the PHB as well.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

When i try to drop melf's acid arrow onto a character a script error is thrown: Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_power.lua"]:606: attempt to index local 'rDamage' (a nil value). The spell then is put into the first level category when it should be 2nd. The following is the db description of melf's acid arrow.

Code:
          <melf_sacidarrow>
            <name type="string">Melf's Acid Arrow</name>
            <description type="formattedtext">
              <p>A shimmering green arrow streaks toward a target within range and bursts in a spray of acid. Make a ranged attack roll against the target, with a bonus equal to your magic ability modifier + your spellcasting bonus, if any. On a hit, the target takes 3d6 acid damage immediately and 3d6 acid damage at the end of its next turn. On a miss, the arrow splashes the target with acid for half as much damage.</p>
              <p>
                <b>At Higher Levels</b>:  When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 3rd level or higher, the initial damage increases by 1d6 for each level above 2nd.</p>
            </description>
            <level type="number">2</level>
            <school type="string">Evocation</school>
            <source type="string">Mage</source>
            <castingtime type="string">1 action</castingtime>
            <range type="string">100 feet</range>
            <duration type="string">Instantaneous</duration>
            <descriptors type="string"/>
          </melf_sacidarrow>
    Also in the skills when using the misc column, it adds the number placed in it to the skill total but doesn't use the total value when the skill is rolled.

Updates

• [5E] Condition immunities removed from effects applied to immune targets.
    • [5E] Class links can now be dragged and dropped onto the classes detail window, just like PC Main tab.
    • [5E] Spell slot numerical fields now hidden on Actions tab unless in Preparation mode. Spell slot counters visible on Actions tab in non-Preparation modes if number of slots greater than 1 from Preparation mode.
    • [5E] Links from ability records opened on PC Abilities tab can be dragged and dropped onto Actions tab.
    • [5E] Spell/ability attack actions now support ability/prof modifiers and fixed modifiers, in addition to group modifiers.
    • [5E] Spell/ability save DC actions now support ability/prof modifiers, in addition to group and fixed modifiers.
    • [5E] Attack actions will be parsed for spells stating that a spell attack is called for.
    • [5E] Saving throw actions will be parsed for spells stating that targets must make or succeed on a saving throw.
    • [5E] Heal actions will be parsed from spell and power text.
    • [5E] Damage actions with "equal to" phrases will be parsed.
    • [FG] Client crash after GM clears drawing and draws new line outside of default drawing size. Fixed.
    • [CoreRPG+] Incorrect tooltip on clear targets button in GM combat tracker. Fixed.
    • [5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E/C&C] Target removal when using remove on miss option would not work if attacker and defender did not have token on same map. Fixed.
    • [5E] Death saves continuing to roll for PCs in combat tracker who are dead. Fixed.
    • [5E] Components field in spell/power detail window was not locking when record locked or hiding when locked and field empty. Fixed.
    • [5E] Targets not being removed on successful saving throws when using Remove On Miss option. Fixed.
    • [5E] Effects not getting correct source and initiative information. Fixed.
    • [5E] When dragging and dropping classes to simulate class advancement, features were being added based on total level, not specific class level. Fixed.
    • [5E] Script error when parsing spells with ongoing damage effects. Fixed.
    • [5E] Skill miscellaneous modifier not being added to skill rolls. Fixed.

JPG

As always, huge props (!) for all the awesome work done on 5E. We are playing daily again (now that my 5-day Anniversary Celebration is over) and the VT is running great as the host for 5E.

Couple of minor issues to bring up after last two days:
    1. Cosmetic. When opening creatures from the Combat Tracker, there's some wasted space as it shows Traits and Reactions even if they are empty. Not a real issue, but thought it might be a quick clean-up to remove.
    2. Character Locking. Not sure how practical this is, but I'd still like to see characters lock unless in edit mode for various fields. Still have people accidentally turning on or off proficiency, save bonuses, etc., when they try to click on the fields. If that could be locked until (for example) Edit List was enabled, that would help avoid some accidental character changing.
    3. Dodge. I know I can assign GRANTDISATK to the player, but I think having a Dodge effect that can be added to the CT would make it clearer.
    4. Ammo. Would still love to see the check-box use on Ammo be tied to the attack of the weapon if Ammo>0.

At any rate, thanks again for listening on working on all this!
    SR

Hey, Moon. Hope your weekend is going well. Hope these reports aren't annoying as heck.

Inventory: I am running into an issue with dragging and dropping Equipment from the Library (specifically, the PHB Parsed using Zeus' tool) to the Character Sheet. All the vital data is coming across, but the descriptive fields are not.

For example, when I open up Adventuring Gear Table in the Library, I'll see Climber's Kit.. with its cost, weight, and description below. When I drag it and drop it onto a character sheet, the name, weight, cost, subtype, etc., can all be found under the button for the inventory entry, but the description field is not coming across with it.

For some items, that descriptive/data text is pretty important.

As always, thanks for listening and working on this for us!
    SR

PS: If they items are added as Campaign Items (from the Parser), their Item Tabs do not have the descriptive text in them at all. Looking at the XML I see the information stored as such:
    Code:
          <oil_flask>
            <locked type="number">1</locked>
            <name type="string">Oil, Flask</name>
            <type type="string">Adventuring Gear</type>
            <subtype type="string">Standard</subtype>
            <cost type="string">1 sp</cost>
            <weight type="number">1</weight>
            <text type="formattedtext">
              <p>Oil usually comes in a clay flask that holds 1 pint. As an action, you can splash the oil in this flask onto a creature within 5 feet of you or throw it up to 20 feet, shattering it on impact. Make a ranged attack against a target creature or object, treating the oil as an improvised weapon. On a hit, the target is covered in oil. If the target takes any fire damage before the oil dries (after 1 minute), the target takes an additional 5 fire damage from the burning oil. You can also pour a flask of oil on the ground to cover a 5-foot-square area, provided that the surface is level. If lit, the oil burns for 2 rounds and deals 5 fire damage to any creature that enters the area or ends its turn in the area. A creature can take this damage only once per turn.</p>
            </text>
          </oil_flask>
    It's being kept in formattedtext, which shows up in the library but not on the campaign tabs. Not sure if that's insightful at all.
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; August 10th, 2014 at 00:33.

Request: Because of Medium Armor Master (Feat), we could use a DEX (Max 3) option now (or a MAX DEX numeric field there now).

Thread Information