DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    There is a minor issue with this extension that folks need to be aware of... if you use an '&' in your effect the remove function will not work so avoid including &'s.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    There is a minor issue with this extension that folks need to be aware of... if you use an '&' in your effect the remove function will not work so avoid including &'s.
    Thanks for the heads up. This is deep within the standard FG effect handling code, which I don't want to mess around with. Added as a gotcha in post #2.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This extension breaks changes that were made in the latest release to fix a comma stripping bug when transferring effects from character sheets to the combat tracker. Please update.

For example: "Heightened Awareness; SKILL: 2 competence, knowledge" shows up in the combat tracker as "Heightened Awareness; SKILL: 2 competence knowledge" and the effect doesn't work.

Also, it appears to have another bug that I am about to report which is that SKILL: [modifier] [list] syntax doesn't work when there is more than 1 thing in the list.

For example, using "Heightened Awareness; SKILL: 2 competence, knowledge perception" does not work.

However, as a work-around (without this extension installed) using "Heightened Awareness; SKILL: 2 competence, knowledge; SKILL: 2 competence, perception" does work.
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 16th, 2014 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    This problem also occurs if you use a period in the effect label, such as "Bilbo's Pro. Evil Wand". Solution is similar - avoid doing it.

Also, parentheses cause remove to fail --> ()
    Last edited by HoloGnome; November 16th, 2014 at 20:04.

Oops, sorry about that. I'll look into it over the next couple of days...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The issue here is that an effect label is converted when it is put in the combat tracker. This is done by Fantasy Grounds. Just have the REMOVE code block strip the remove effect of special characters before looping through the effect list. In theory, the searched phrase should then match what FG put in the combat tracker.

Not sure why FG needs to strip special characters at all.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

FG doesn't strip the problem characters. Applying "Bilbo's Pro. Evil Wand; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance;" shows up in the CT with the period still there after Pro. but Remove Effects then can't remove it.

FG strips the problem characters. It does it behind the scenes when it parses the effects to look for tokens each time it runs through the effect list on an entity. Try putting 'ATK: ' in front of your 'Bilbo's Pro. Evil Wand; AC: 2 deflection; SAVE: 2 resistance;" and you'll see the '.' disappears. You can put a console debug message at the beginning of the addEffect function to check rNewEffect and see that it is stripped before it even gets to the block of code this extension added. Something to do with the parsing after a recognized token (like ATK: or AC as it doesn't strip anything

Here's the thing, I turned the extension off and it didn't strip any special characters. I turned the extension back on and commented out the only block of code that the extension added (to my knowledge) and it stripped the characters anyway. In theory, with the added code removed the extension should be worked exactly like the original ruleset. It's not. This leads me to believe either something was added that is stripping effects before processing or that the manager_effect.lua file that is in the extension needs to be updated to a new version and the code block placed back in. I'll try this.

EDIT: I took the newest manager_effect.lua and pasted the original code block from the old Effects Tags extension into it. The problem of special characters being stripped seems to be gone. I believe there is something wrong with the lua file in this extension. Trenloe, I'm not sure if you added anything outside the extension code block (the section of the xxRETxx) but if not, I have a working lua file for you to put in the extension if you want.
    Last edited by Nickademus; November 17th, 2014 at 23:59.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Extension updated in post #1 to fix stripping of some special characters (those usually allowed by FG only).

Make sure you're running version 1.0b - check the version number in the chat window load message.

Thread Information