DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Steam key for purchased ruleset?

Hello,

I've done some searching, and have come up dry.

I'd purchased the SW Deluxe ruleset quite some time before Fantasy Grounds made its way onto Steam, and I'm just starting to get back into it. I was quite happy to see that it'd made the jump past the Greenlight hurdle.

However, I don't see any way to integrate my purchased copy of Savage World into the Steam version of the game. I've seen one post that implied that I should be able to put my forum username and password into Fantasy Grounds, which I have done, but I still am prompted to purchase Savage Worlds.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be quite grateful.

Kind thanks in advance!

Blog Entries
    Ghoti - visit the store here. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/
    Click on Order History - is your SW ruleset listed there? If not contact [email protected] with some info on your purchase.
    If you ordered it on Steam it will appear under your Steam account.
    So long as its in one of those places it will be available in both a locally and a steam installed instance of FG.
    But - you have to run the FantasyGroundsUpdate.exe and you have to go into Settings and put your Ghoti username/password in there to enable the system to download your SW ruleset if it was bought here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoti View Post
    However, I don't see any way to integrate my purchased copy of Savage World into the Steam version of the game. I've seen one post that implied that I should be able to put my forum username and password into Fantasy Grounds, which I have done, but I still am prompted to purchase Savage Worlds.
    Other than your purchase of your base Fantasy Grounds application, you will not see purchases from the Fantasy Grounds website reflected on the Steam website.

However, as the Steam and the Fantasy Grounds installations are essentially the same, as long as you have your FG User name and password entered in settings as damned say above, and then run an update, FG will download the latest version of the Savage Worlds ruleset for you to use in Fantasy Grounds - whether you launch FG from Steam or the usual FG shortcut.

To say it again - purchases made on the Fantasy Grounds website do not appear in your Steam account (other than the base FG application installation) and vice-versa, purchases made on Steam do not appear in your order history on the Fantasy Grounds website. But, the FG updates mechanism updates FG website purchases and Steam DLC at the same time.

So, don't purchase Savage Worlds again through Steam - you already have the ruleset!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi, folks,

Thanks for the replies. I ended up emailing support directly about this after posting the thread.

The problem turned out to be that I'd bought the way back in January of 2008, which was before the ruleset was integrated with SmiteWorks' portolio. Happily, the support representative was more than happy to honor the purchase nonetheless, and I'm now all up and running. I love companies that realize that happy customers are repeat customers!

Hello, my RMC ruleset has dissapeared from my fantasygrounds folder after updating it. Not sure how to proceed from here. I got it from steam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac77 View Post
    Hello, my RMC ruleset has dissapeared from my fantasygrounds folder after updating it. Not sure how to proceed from here. I got it from steam.
    Make sure you Steam Account is still linked.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Make sure you Steam Account is still linked.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp
    Ok, tried that with a restart to, but to no avail.

Blog Entries
    Have a look in the Fantasy Grounds Data folder and the /rulesets folder. Do you have a RolemasterClassic.pak file?
    Try deleting it and running update again.

Go into settings, remove your username from the screen, click on manage and reenter your username and password. Resync your Steam and Smiteworks accounts and then do an update.

Make sure that you are not using Malwarebytes and if you are switch off the web enhancement thing since that is known to cause issues,

If that still doesn't fix the issue make sure you don't have any unzipped rulesets in your rulesets folder (delete any folders of temporary files in your rulesets folder and do an update). If this still doesn't help find the RMC ruleset .dat file and delete it and do an update.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

No RMC pak in the ruleset folder, tried running the update several times and refreshing to steam again but still nothing showing up.

Thread Information