STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I agree, Fantasy Grounds should do what it does best. I don't use voice in my games at all, background music is just a nice plus...nothing more That is the only reason I really don't care to utilize TeamSpeak.

You can now set the audio output driver that Syrinscape sends its Audio too

Quote Originally Posted by Irondrake View Post
    I agree, Fantasy Grounds should do what it does best. I don't use voice in my games at all, background music is just a nice plus...nothing more That is the only reason I really don't care to utilize TeamSpeak.
    Hi all,

I've recently worked out how to make Syrinscape talk to a particular audio driver you want to send its audio too. Some people have been asking to do this so they can use virtual drivers and capture and mix Syrinscape's audio for use with Online-play-chat-audio-things.

Basically (on Windows) it goes like this:
    Syrinscape will stay attached to which ever audio driver is DEFAULT at the moment it starts. So to point Syrinscape at a particular Playback driver:
    1) Set the audio playback driver you want Syrinscape to talk to as DEFAULT
    2) start Syrinscape (audio is now routed to this driver)
    3) you are now free to change your DEFAULT audio driver and Syrinscape won't notice. So you can use your mic to chat etc.

What I'd love it to hear how people then set themselves up to make this work over the internet. There are lots of people who would love details so they can share the pretty noises. I know already about the idea of devoting a device as an extra 'Player' in the game... but I reckon by being able to direct Syrinscape's audio output there might be some even better options.

Let me know, and I'll pass the info on.

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Loomes
    Creative Director
    Syrinscape Pty Ltd

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There's a community TeamSpeak 3 server available to use for free: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mSpeak3-Server

For my specific setup I had another old laptop connected as an additional channel on Teamspeak. I like this setup as it allows me to hear exactly what the players are hearing and it also allows the players to each manually adjust the volume to a nice level for them.

Depending on the soundcard on your laptop you can setup "Stereo Mix" to allow you to input into teamspeak what your PC is playing: https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3953...-record-audio/ - although you'll have to mute the output of the TS3 client to avoid looping.

Or, if Stereo Mix is not possible, you may need something like Virtual Audio Cable: https://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm

Or, if you don't have another PC (or virtual PC) to install the TS3 client on you can use some of the TS3 plugins to play through your own TS connection; or use your PC for the background music/SFX channel and use a TS3 client on an iPhone/iPad or Android phone/tablet for your own voice communication.
    Glad you're posting this... I'll be checking this out. I'm looking for sound sets for modern (Victorian, 1920-30s, and 1980s and later) horror/urban fantasy. Hopefully they keep adding to the soundsets, and maybe I can cherrypick some of what they've already created.

Impressive toolset.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Loomes View Post
    Hi all,

I've recently worked out how to make Syrinscape talk to a particular audio driver you want to send its audio too. Some people have been asking to do this so they can use virtual drivers and capture and mix Syrinscape's audio for use with Online-play-chat-audio-things.

Basically (on Windows) it goes like this:
    Syrinscape will stay attached to which ever audio driver is DEFAULT at the moment it starts. So to point Syrinscape at a particular Playback driver:
    1) Set the audio playback driver you want Syrinscape to talk to as DEFAULT
    2) start Syrinscape (audio is now routed to this driver)
    3) you are now free to change your DEFAULT audio driver and Syrinscape won't notice. So you can use your mic to chat etc.

What I'd love it to hear how people then set themselves up to make this work over the internet. There are lots of people who would love details so they can share the pretty noises. I know already about the idea of devoting a device as an extra 'Player' in the game... but I reckon by being able to direct Syrinscape's audio output there might be some even better options.

Let me know, and I'll pass the info on.

Thanks in advance,

Benjamin Loomes
    Creative Director
    Syrinscape Pty Ltd
    I finally had a chance to test this out. I successfully used the Audio Cable install and Teamspeak configuration instructions here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZ3X...ature=youtu.be

... and it's working fine for Syrinscape, too.

Running: The One Ring and GUMSHOE--Esoterrorists (on hold); intermittently Fiasco and DramaSystem/Hillfolk
    Want to play: Pendragon, City of Mist, Dresden Files RPG, Orpheus, Changeling, Apocalpse World and more PbtA, Bluebeards Bride, Shadows of Esteren; anything by Bully Pulpit Games

Thread Information