DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

PFRPG Advanced Race Guide Module (WIP)

Description: Transcription of Pathfinder Advanced Race Guide

Other thoughts:
    With Moon Wizard and Trenloe letting me know about dual library files:
    My current plans for the Race Builder portion of the book are to put it in a db.xml file for GM view only. Any thoughts on this are welcome.

I am pulling from the PRD now instead of a pdf, so hopefully weird characters will be less prevalent in the module.

Downloads

No dependency version:
    Attachment 7201

Reference-Manual-windowclass.ext Dependent:
    Attachment 7202 (extension download here)

Note to RM-Version users: The newest version of the Reference Manual windowclass extension is required with this new update. Without it, the feats added in this update will throw errors when you try to view them.

Install: Change the .zip extension to .mod then place in the module folder.

Progress

Base trait linking: Complete
    Alternate trait transcription and linking: Complete
    Archetypes transcribed with ability linking: Complete
    Feats transcribed: Complete
    Spells transcribed: Not Started
    Items transcribed: Not Started
    Race Builder: Not Started
    Favored classes transcribed: Not Started

Update: 5 Aug, 2014

General
    • All Races have feats transcribed and linked.
    • RM Version formatted to the newest Reference Manual windowclass extension.
    • Copying issues fixed.

Complete update list here.
    Last edited by RTFallen; August 5th, 2014 at 08:12. Reason: Update

FG Con 5 – October 17-19th 2014 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

My Projects

Nice work. Thanks for sharing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It's great to have all the text accessible inside FG - thanks! In terms of feedback, what it really needs to make it useful is for all of the traits and abilities to be listed as separate items that can then be dragged onto character sheets - have a look at Nickademus' PFRPG Races module here to see what I mean. A module like that, with all the alternate racial traits in (you did say you were going to update it to include these), would be amazing!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    It's great to have all the text accessible inside FG - thanks! In terms of feedback, what it really needs to make it useful is for all of the traits and abilities to be listed as separate items that can then be dragged onto character sheets - have a look at Nickademus' PFRPG Races module here to see what I mean. A module like that, with all the alternate racial traits in (you did say you were going to update it to include these), would be amazing!
    I will definitely take a look at adding that feature. I'm still learning everything that I can do (and can't do) within the system.

Thanks for the feedback.

Resire
    Last edited by RTFallen; June 4th, 2014 at 12:41.

It's good to see you're working on this! However, with the 4 Jun update, I get the following script error from FG when I try to use it:

Code:
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file PFRPG Advanced Race Guide:client.xml - Error on line 74: Error reading end tag.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum View Post
    It's good to see you're working on this! However, with the 4 Jun update, I get the following script error from FG when I try to use it:

Code:
    Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file PFRPG Advanced Race Guide:client.xml - Error on line 74: Error reading end tag.
    Thanks for letting me know! Fixed it.

Resire

This is cool.

Would you mind changing the data XML files so that there is both common and client? This will allow GMs to share it with players within a campaign without the players having already downloaded it. Simply copy the client.xml file to common.xml and include that within the module - there will be 2 identical files with the only difference being the file names (client.xml and common.xml).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is cool.

Would you mind changing the data XML files so that there is both common and client? This will allow GMs to share it with players within a campaign without the players having already downloaded it. Simply copy the client.xml file to common.xml and include that within the module - there will be 2 identical files with the only difference being the file names (client.xml and common.xml).
    Just added it to todays update.

Resire

EDIT: Just realized that common.xml is looked at before client.xml, so i just changed the library file back to common.xml.
    Last edited by RTFallen; June 5th, 2014 at 15:05.

This looks very nice. I was looking for something like this a couple of weeks ago!

Two comments:
    1. It would be nice if you included the ECL/LA ratings in the attributes so that players know how they will be leveling and/or how to adjust the character
    2. You should include the specs for the "Lesser" races, where available, such as in the "Players Guide to Faerûn"

Thread Information