DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Looking for Code - Str Bonus in Dark Heresy

This is best directed to the person who created the Dark Hersey ruleset, but if anyone out there can help me I would be very thankful.

I am not a coder, so forgive any of the many errors in how I am trying to explain it.

One of the rules in DH was when using a melee weapon, you multiply your str bonus by a set value and then add that new value to your damage roll.

And when damage is applied, you multiply your toughness bonus by a set value, and then subtract that new value from the damaged received.

Str bonus in the code was str mod * X = str bonus
    And
    Toughness bonus in the code was tn mod * X = tn bonus (I got it posted below)

Ok, pretty simple right? well almost.. In the manager_action_damage.lua script I was able to find the toughness code, and I was able to change it from it being a multiplier to a sum just by changing the * to a + in the code below.

Code:
                aTnb = math.floor(aTn/10); -- gives base toughness bonus so force, holy, sanctified types work properly

aTTn = aTnb + aUC;  -- total toughness bonus to use in soak calcs
    So now if I type in the bonus box 8, then 8+(aTn/10) is subtracted from any damage roll. Which is what I want. It was a real simple fix!

But the Str mod I can not seem to find. I found many spots through out the rule set which makes mention to what I am looking for and changed everything I could find but nothing seems to have changed in the calculations.

I need it, so that any time melee damaged is rolled, it does not multiply the UC str bonus by x, but instead adds X to it instead.

Can someone help me find where that particular command is located please?

You should try sending a PM to the DH ruleset creator, in case he doesn't check all the posts like some of us do.

If it follows the same format as the other CoreRPG defined rulesets, you should try looking in the modDamage function.

JPG

Thanks.. I actually just found it and got it working...

Now, it is just a matter of getting the weapon special features converted to the Black Crusade rules and I think everything will be properly converted. This is kinda addicting once you start playing with the code. I am starting to enjoy this.

Watch out. That's how I got started. Just wanted a few more automated features for my 3E campaign.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    @ShotGun Jolly - you should also see if you can spend a *little* more time on this and change it to an Extension so that if there is a new DH ruleset it wont overwrite your changes...

hahahah

I don't even know how make an extension

Yeah, that is an issue I am aware off. But, once I get what I need, I wont need to worry about it any future changes. I just want to have a basic functioning rule set to use with my group. Unless it is already made for me, I wouldn't know where to begin to make any changes.

Hello,

Where are the lines that need to be changed for this? I have been looking but cannot find it.

Thread Information