Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last

Trail of Cthulhu ruleset

Quick v3.2.0 compatibility release here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post298637

--------------------------------------
    Hey all,
    I'm attaching the ruleset I put together for Trail of Cthulhu, by Pelgrane Press. This is a .zip containing a readme and the .pak file. Please check out the readme for more info. The ruleset is fully functional, but does not include any library modules or reference information, so you will of course need the Trail of Cthulhu rulebook to play.

Here's a short video overview of the ruleset:
    https://youtu.be/EYD0RxtlNGs

A big "thank you!" to the many people on these forums who helped me as I worked to put this ruleset together. In particular, community members Trenloe and Dakadin, and Smiteworks guys Moon Wizard and ddavison all helped me out repeatedly, generously sharing of their time and knowledge. These guys came to the rescue time and again when I was ready to pull my hair out and shelve the whole project and there's no way that this ruleset would have made it to a usable form without their help. Many thanks also go to Simon Rogers of Pelgrane Press for graciously allowing me to share this with you.

You will, no doubt, click on things that I haven't clicked on and find bugs and quirks that I am blissfully unaware of. And you might find things that just seem odd or that you'd rather be slightly different. Feel free to shoot me a PM when those things happen and I'll see what I can do to fix bugs and accomodate tweak requests.

Disclaimer:
    If you were to crack the file open and look at my code, you would not need to be a master code monkey to discern that, well, neither am I :P. I learned a lot in the process and speaking from hindsight, there are a lot of things I could have done differently and more efficiently - but it's working well for me as it is and I hope that it will for you, too.

Scott

JPG Edit: Updated for v3.0.8 changes on 2014-09-28.
    Last edited by Trenloe; November 4th, 2016 at 18:15.

This is amazing work - I love the theme and they way you've put it together. I hope to get to use this sometime as either a player or a GM. Thanks for sticking with it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Amazing job cscase! Everything is so functionnal. Love the party sheet and character sheet functionality. Makes me wish I was running a Trail of Cthulhu game instead of Nights Black Agents for FG Con4.

Thanks for sharing!
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    @Mask_of_winter - there is still 2 weeks! got time to put together and run another session? what? real life you say?

@cscase - awesome - as you have been in contact with pelgrane did you enquire if they would be willing to sell a fully loaded version via the fantasy grounds store? and why dont you demo this at FG Con?

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    as you have been in contact with pelgrane did you enquire if they would be willing to sell a fully loaded version via the fantasy grounds store? and why dont you demo this at FG Con?
    Seems they were interested 3 years ago: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...UMSHOE-ruleset
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    for the game producers and the developers this often doesnt result in any great revenue - but the hard work is done and by turning it into a $10 or $15 license with the modules included you get *some* return and some more exposure for your games.
    just read that post @Trenloe
    @cscase - you should ping [email protected] and see if they can revive the initial interest?

It's my understanding that Smiteworks and Pelgrane do have an agreement in place which could allow a full commercial ruleset to be produced. That said, I myself don't have the time to devote to doing it right: Building full-blown library modules would be an extremely time-consuming and tedious endeavor, and supporting a commercial ruleset with continuous development of new features and timely bugfixes is a big commitment. I just put this together for my own use and thought the community might benefit.

Linked on wiki.

JPG

Thank you so much
    Religion is an insult to human dignity.
    With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion...

Thread Information