FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 24 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Did you download the DD3 or DD3+ install? There are different installation files.
    there is a DD3 for CC3 and one for CC3+. I downloaded the one for CC3+. I am guessing that DD3 needs to be installed into the same wineskin as CC3+ so it CC3+ can see it? I am just not sure how to do that. I was hoping someone here has done it as I am lost.
    [ ☠ ] [Ultimate License][5e][ ☠ ]

Quote Originally Posted by dudeslife View Post
    there is a DD3 for CC3 and one for CC3+. I downloaded the one for CC3+. I am guessing that DD3 needs to be installed into the same wineskin as CC3+ so it CC3+ can see it? I am just not sure how to do that. I was hoping someone here has done it as I am lost.
    I'd recommend asking these specific questions on the Profantasy forums - there are more people there with experience of installing CC3 and the add ons. Or search the forums there, as there are a few posts mentioning installing with wineskin.

I'm not saying don't post these questions here, but I think you'll get a much faster/more experienced response on the forums specifically related to CC3.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'd recommend asking these specific questions on the Profantasy forums - there are more people there with experience of installing CC3 and the add ons. Or search the forums there, as there are a few posts mentioning installing with wineskin.

I'm not saying don't post these questions here, but I think you'll get a much faster/more experienced response on the forums specifically related to CC3.
    I have asked there also. I thought maybe someone here had done it.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeslife View Post
    I have asked there also. I thought maybe someone here had done it.
    Have you searched the forums there?

I see a thread called "Running CC3 on Mac using Wine via Wineskin Winery" which seems to pretty much match your installation based off your post: "I installed CC3+ on a Mac using Wineskin Winery..." Post #2 of that thread explains how to install add ons.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have you searched the forums there?

I see a thread called "Running CC3 on Mac using Wine via Wineskin Winery" which seems to pretty much match your installation based off your post: "I installed CC3+ on a Mac using Wineskin Winery..." Post #2 of that thread explains how to install add ons.
    Yes I used that post to install.. I totally missed the add-on part of the post (I was looking for headers or topics), thanks for helping me out. I didn't realize we could install multiple things within one wineskin..

And you're also adding complexity by trying to use wine, which in most cases, creates it's own wrapper for each application, unlike if you were using a virtual machine.

I got tired of using Wine on my Macbook Pro, so I installe dthe free Virtualbox, and the free Windows 10 preview.

Runs CC3+ just dandy. (and quicker I might add than on my 2yr old Windows laptop.
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    And you're also adding complexity by trying to use wine, which in most cases, creates it's own wrapper for each application, unlike if you were using a virtual machine.

I got tired of using Wine on my Macbook Pro, so I installe dthe free Virtualbox, and the free Windows 10 preview.

Runs CC3+ just dandy. (and quicker I might add than on my 2yr old Windows laptop.
    Once I saw that I could peel open the wrapper and install DD3, it worked beautifully. I run FG in wine so for the sake of consistency I wanted to do CC3+ in wine also. I have Parallels 11 w/win10 but my Macbook Pro is 6 years old so Parallels and Wine keep my fan running 100% of the time.

Reading through the last couple posts, at how complicated it seems to get uncomplicated maps, I am glad I just learned how to do all that stuff in GIMP. Not to say those programs aren't great, it just seems like an awful lot. Having used CC2 in the past, how much easier does CC3 and all the addons really make it?

Basically use the app you're familiar and comfortable with. I use GIMP a lot for general image manipulation and know a lot of image features, but would have to spend quite some time learning how to use it to make maps.

Like you took the time to learn how to do maps in GIMP, I've taken the time to learn how to do maps in CC3. The fact that CC3 is specifically made for maps, and has a lot of add ons designed to make specific map styles makes it well worth my time to learn (for me). Just a simple example - when building settlement maps, the random street tool in City Designer is a godsend. Not to mention the power of sheet effects... and there are lots and lots more tools and styles available.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrin View Post
    Reading through the last couple posts, at how complicated it seems to get uncomplicated maps, I am glad I just learned how to do all that stuff in GIMP. Not to say those programs aren't great, it just seems like an awful lot. Having used CC2 in the past, how much easier does CC3 and all the addons really make it?
    I tried using Pixelmator (like photoshop & gimp) at first. I cut up a lot of dungeons and assembled my dungeons by pasting the pieces together. I made corridors and rooms and pools and pits, but it takes a long long time that way.

Thread Information