DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 24 First ... 51314151617 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    No that guide jasn't heen released to my knowledge at least not according to some of the stuff I am seeing on G+
    Ultimate License Holder

It's available on DriveThru RPG
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    It's available on DriveThru RPG
    Anyone who read it have any feedback? It's $20 so slightly above my "what the hell it's only $10" type of thing

Well to be honest, I still have a sour taste in my mouth from supporting this KS. And from what I last saw, there were still some typos in the one offered for sale.

Blog Entries
    I have it but havent read it at all... the KS process was rather disappointing for this which may or may not have influenced my lack of motivation to test it out....

Yeah, after the last two responses I dropped it from the wishlist on the site (I use that to track for sales when not in hurry)

So, may the vendor or others take heed how easy it is to earn a bad rep due to how a KS is handled.

Yeah, the KS follow up has been really poorly handled. Ignoring requests for updates, while posting all the cool maps the guy is working on.

The book itself - it could do with an editor reviewing as there are some basic typos. But, the content is good if you want to use a graphics app (GIMP, PSP, etc.) to create maps - it introduces some good concepts and then goes on to show how to use them.

If you've invested in Campaign Cartographer then this isn't worth $20. If you want to make your maps from scratch in a graphics app then it has some value...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ha! Trenloe, I was looking around here for infor on map creating software because I want to start making vtt maps for t1-4, starting with the moathouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmcgough View Post
    Ha! Trenloe, I was looking around here for infor on map creating software because I want to start making vtt maps for t1-4, starting with the moathouse!
    My recommendation would be Campaign Cartographer - yes it has a steep learning curve (just like Fantasy Grounds), but spending the time to get to know it is well worth it. And, to be honest, it is just a matter of a few hours spent with the tutorials and having fun putting some maps together. I think most people's complaints about it are because they expect to churn out an amazing map within 30 minutes of opening it for the first time - there's no "make amazing map" button!

If you're doing T1-4 I'd recommend CC3+, Dungeon Designer and perhaps Symbol Set 2 and 4 - #4 if you like Mike Schley's style (but this might be too crisp and bright for T1-4, maybe). You can always get additional symbols later.

You can also get a lot of free symbols from the Vintyri Cartographic Collection, CSUAC 2.0 and Bogie's Mapping Objects - details of how to get and setup are on the CC3 forums here: https://forum.profantasy.com/comment...&page=1#Item_0 Some of these are great, but you'll just have to be aware of size and any pre-existing shadows/effects, and put them on a relevant "sheet" in your CC3 map (sheets add on effects, so you wouldn't want to add a shadow effect to a symbol that already has a shadow).

I love making maps, and CC3 has enabled me (with little artistic talent) to make some very nice maps (even if I say so myself). Some examples here: https://www.cartographersguild.com/album.php?u=23781 I did these quite a while ago and have learnt a few things since that would make these look even better (like wall effects on caverns).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Jcmcgough View Post
    Not to discourage your from doing it... but some people have done some really nice ToEE maps that are around if you look for them...

For example, here is the moathouse and dungeon :

https://educatedgamer.net/art/maps/t...OUSE-FINAL.jpg
    https://educatedgamer.net/art/maps/t...eons-FINAL.jpg

Thread Information