STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 24 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    Well, actually, I suppose I could still use the individual tiles to construct (with gimp or paint.net) a larger map, but I don't know how to get the images out of Fantasy Grounds... AAWFGANYSMP.dat is a zip archive, but it's passworded, and I don't have the password (as far as I know). So, at present, even though the 'collage' map, that is part of the collection, would be usable, the rest of the tiles would not be...

I suppose I could display them, individually, from within FG, and use the 'snip' program to capture them to another file, but that's more work than I want to go through (for 49 separate files)...

So, anyway, I guess unless someone has some better ideas I'll get a refund... ??

Thanks,

- s.west
    Hello swest,

I'll be away at Gen Con later this week but I can get you a refund before then if you shoot me an email with the order id # you want refunded. As I mentioned in the support email, the value of this particular product will grow quite a bit in FGU but won't be able to take advantage of any tiling capabilities at all in the current format. If you are happy using the individual tiles as separate combat maps and the big compilation as a single map, then this would work for that. If not, then I would recommend getting a refund for now.

I came across something new-ish. Dungeon Painter Studio, which appears to be a decent in-between software for those who are used to stamping software (like Tiled) but has a heck of an impressive set of tools for making maps.

It's available on Steam for $14.99, and seems to be a good amount of software for the money. I was going to give a detailed review, but Taking20 did a hell of a review on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU2gS7HpMLw

Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    I came across something new-ish. Dungeon Painter Studio, ...
    This has sorta been covered in this thread. Dungeon Painter Online is the precursor to this product.

For any Campaign Cartographer 3+ users who also use Facebook we have an ever growing community of users that is proving to be a valuable resource for new and experienced users. Feel free to join us.

Campaign Cartographer 3+ Facebook User Group

Hey, daplunk, nice to see you over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    Hey, daplunk, nice to see you over here.
    I pop in every now and then. Fantasy Grounds is on my 'highly interested' list. I've just never been able to justify the cost given how little of the functionality I need given the way I play. Maybe one day I'll get it just so I can make some tutorial videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    I came across something new-ish. Dungeon Painter Studio, which appears to be a decent in-between software for those who are used to stamping software (like Tiled) but has a heck of an impressive set of tools for making maps.

It's available on Steam for $14.99, and seems to be a good amount of software for the money. I was going to give a detailed review, but Taking20 did a hell of a review on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU2gS7HpMLw
    Dungeon Painter Studio (DPS for short) has been around for just over year now and is available on steam at https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...ainter_Studio/ for £10.99

I use this product to make all of my custom battlemaps and can generate a bare room dungeon with walls (and shadow effects) of several rooms easily in less the 5 minutes. Placing the objects and other tokens will take a bit longer....

What makes this product reall good is the availability of art packs that have been generated by the community. These can be added via the workshop pages within steam and then automatically downloaded by the client.

I have created several videos on the steam website as well as hosting them on youtube (see https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxX...YOKZ3wiqQugjtQ ) and should give you a good overview of the product.

Sample art work that has been creates can be seen at https://steamcommunity.com/app/592260/images/

Some of the maps that I have created are: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/.../?appid=592260

If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to perform some demonstration sessions via Twitch.

If you have any questions please ask....
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

ColinBuckler, how easy is it to add your own art pack? Just stick it in a folder?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TriOpticon View Post
    ColinBuckler, how easy is it to add your own art pack? Just stick it in a folder?

Thanks.
    Pretty ..... but .....

The folder has to be in the correct location (i.e. under the Steam App folder for the program).

There is a structure to the folder contents that you have to use.

Also works best with a 200px per 5ft (objects)

Though most of the items are there already if you download from the workshop.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

Thanks, ColinBuckler. I have a lot of items I have bought from WargameVault, DriveThruRPG, etc and wanted to be able to use them.

Thread Information