STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Inventory Item Applied Weight Checkbox

I've always liked how the inventory arranged your gear by item location so that you could see everything in your backpack indented below it.

I also liked that when you unchecked the backpack from applied weight, everything in the backpack was also unchecked. You dropped your backpack and everything in it. Great.

It looks as though this part of the feature has recently changed. I uncheck the backpack and the contents are still checked and added to my applied weight.

Is this an intended feature change?

Seen while running v3.03 with the core 3.5 and Pathfinder rulesets.

As far as I know, the apply weight checkbox was never linked to items contained, at least for the last couple years that I can remember and have code for.

That said, the inventory has not had a great "container" system. It's mainly just the indenting and sorting based on the Location field.

JPG

I agree with d1wright. This used to be a great time-saving feature of the inventory (whether by accident or design) with versions prior to 3.0. It would be great to get it back.

This did used to work asd1wright and Myrddin describe above, I've just tested this with the 3.5e 2.9.3 ruleset and it works as follows:

Initial example with a couple of items in the backpack - all weight icons are ticked:

Then, to"drop" the backpack, just remove the tick/check for the backpack and the ticks are automatically removed for all of the items located in the backpack and so the weight of all items in the backpack is removed as well:

The difference in the 3.0 ruleset is that none of the extra ticks are removed, so the weight is not adjusted accordingly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Follow up:

There is code in 3.5e v2.9.3 the button_checkbox control that does this which is not in CoreRPG:
    Code:
    <button_checkbox name="carried">
    	<bounds>-58,4,12,12</bounds>
    	<checked />
    	<script>
    		function onValueChanged()
    			if window.name.getValue() ~= "" then
    				for _,v in ipairs(window.windowlist.getWindows()) do
    					if v.location.getValue() == window.name.getValue() then
    						v.carried.setState(getState());
    					end
    				end
    			end

local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();
    			if nodeWin then
    				CharManager.updateEncumbrance(nodeWin.getChild("..."));
    			end
    		end
    	</script>
    </button_checkbox>
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the legwork, Trenloe. I didn't even notice that happened before. Seems simple enough to add back in, hopefully; so I'll look into 3.0.4 inclusion.

JPG

Thanks Trenloe and Moon both. The return of this functionality will be much appreciated by my players.

This didn't make it into 3.0.4, right?

Yes, it should be there. See CoreRPG ruleset under campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua

Cheers,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Yes, it should be there. See CoreRPG ruleset under campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua
    Thanks M_W, but I don't see anything in in that code or the linked CharManager.updateEncumbrance that removes all of the weight (carried checkbox) for all items in a specific "location" when the location is removed. i.e. If a backpack has a number of inventory items whose location is "backpack", unchecking "carried" for the backpack should also uncheck all of the items with a location of backpack, which is what the code in post #5 above was doing in 2.9.3.

Thread Information