5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 82 of 104 First ... 3272808182838492 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    There is no breach of license if you request permission first. All dulux has asked for in the past is ask him (and the license makes it clear), which, since it is his IP, seems reasonable enough.

The DMs Guild site does allow you to use actual FR place names and content from WoTC books as long as it is not a simple cut-and-paste. For example, recreating the entire SCAG and releasing it for free is a no-no. Making a DOE-locations file with the FR names and properly sourced content should be fine. If you are using dulux's ip, ask him first. DMs Guild is already free and clear for Fantasy Grounds itself.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Is there a way to duplicate a previously detailed location, specifically a shop? I can't seem to drag and drop a copy like other links in FG.

In the game I play, Shadow of the Demon Lord, items have an availability rating that is determined by the size of the city population. There are 4 ratings, Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Exotic. Common items can be found virtually everywhere. Uncommon items can be found in slightly higher population areas along with Common items. And so on with Rare and Ultimately Exotic which can be found in major metropolitan areas.

So in my case I want to create not so much a specific store as 4 generic stores representing the available goods for Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Exotic locations. In order to not have to create each one from scratch I'd like to create a Common store, copy it and add Uncommon items, copy that and add Rare items, etc. Is this doable?

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Is there a way to duplicate a previously detailed location, specifically a shop? I can't seem to drag and drop a copy like other links in FG.

In the game I play, Shadow of the Demon Lord, items have an availability rating that is determined by the size of the city population. There are 4 ratings, Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Exotic. Common items can be found virtually everywhere. Uncommon items can be found in slightly higher population areas along with Common items. And so on with Rare and Ultimately Exotic which can be found in major metropolitan areas.

So in my case I want to create not so much a specific store as 4 generic stores representing the available goods for Common, Uncommon, Rare, and Exotic locations. In order to not have to create each one from scratch I'd like to create a Common store, copy it and add Uncommon items, copy that and add Rare items, etc. Is this doable?
    This use case is described in the manual, as is the solution/procedure to implement it (at a reasonable "high level").

In short, there is a "Copy Location" radial menu button which will do this - but RTFM first so as to not get caught in the "gotcha" (basically, beware of parent and child location links).
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Ok thanks. I will have a look.

Hello Dulux, could you tell me which file is responsible for recording the weight of the items?
    I am asking because any item weighing 0.0 (some value) gets huge as you can see in the screenshot.

Attachment 22839

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Hello Dulux, could you tell me which file is responsible for recording the weight of the items?
    I am asking because any item weighing 0.0 (some value) gets huge as you can see in the screenshot.

Attachment 22839
    As has been discussed a few times before in this thread, its a known problem with the way the FG-Engine deals with fractions, and I haven't been able to come up with a suitable way around it yet.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

I understood, I thought it was some formula in some script that was causing this, but since it exclaimed I will have to live with my Disorder of wanting everything in the same line and without those lot of numbers.

Greece & Iceland, depending on the time of year.
    Hi again, Dolux. It's me, the pleb with the mac. :P

Anyway, no troubleshooting this time, but more of a feature request. Dunno if this has been discussed in the past, but it'd be cool if you could have chat output for buildings that function as shops. For intstance, like when an item is assigned and given to a character via the Party Sheet, and a message is displayed in the Chatbox, maybe a similar message could go out when a player buys something from a Shop? I would find this particularly useful when a player purchases a service, as--aside from cost being deducted from the coins--there is nothing on the Character sheet or chatbox that actually informs anyone that a service has been purchased. Can that be a thing?

Also, I've noticed (and I'm sure this has definatelly been discussed in the past) that coinage is case sensitive. Most items cost in gp, but FG always assigns coins in GP (in all-caps) even if I actually change it to lowercase in the Party Sheet. It's only a minor inconvinience, my players just now know to change the coinage to lowercase in their character sheet after loot has been assigned and they wish to buy something.

Anyway, once again, awesome job. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vass_Dts View Post
    Hi again, Dolux. It's me, the pleb with the mac. :P

Anyway, no troubleshooting this time, but more of a feature request. Dunno if this has been discussed in the past, but it'd be cool if you could have chat output for buildings that function as shops. For intstance, like when an item is assigned and given to a character via the Party Sheet, and a message is displayed in the Chatbox, maybe a similar message could go out when a player buys something from a Shop? I would find this particularly useful when a player purchases a service, as--aside from cost being deducted from the coins--there is nothing on the Character sheet or chatbox that actually informs anyone that a service has been purchased. Can that be a thing?

Also, I've noticed (and I'm sure this has definatelly been discussed in the past) that coinage is case sensitive. Most items cost in gp, but FG always assigns coins in GP (in all-caps) even if I actually change it to lowercase in the Party Sheet. It's only a minor inconvinience, my players just now know to change the coinage to lowercase in their character sheet after loot has been assigned and they wish to buy something.

Anyway, once again, awesome job. ^_^
    The second "issue" is being worked on (slowly ).

The first suggestion is actually a good idea - I'll see about implementing it
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

On the second point, I just edited all the Costs to GP takes a bit of time, but only a small amount as each shop will only carry a limited stock & it only needs to be done once.

TBH, most entries need editing slightly as the multiplier ends up with some very odd amounts & weights, but its a fantastic tool & really wow'd my players when I loaded a city map with Stores & other locations.

Thread Information