Starfinder Playlist
Page 77 of 104 First ... 2767757677787987 ... Last
    Hi, I've create a "Test town" under Towns, and assigned a Location to it from it's own record (the Test Town record). I then deleted "Test Town" from Towns, and still remained under Locations; when I try to delete that, I get this message:

"Script Error: [string "DOEBase/Scripts/lsMiscFunctions.lua"]:459: attempt to index local 'oChildNode' (a nil value)". I tried searching for a "database" of sorts where I could delete the entry under Locations manually but couldn't. Is there a way to fix it?

Also, I created two additional entries under Locations (a Kingdom and a Barony). If I assign "Kingdom" to "Barony" under the Barony's record (as I did above with "Test Town" example), I noticed that "Barony" does not show up under "Locations" in the Kingdom own record. (Phew, this is somewhat confusing to read!)

It depends upon how the assignments were done (what was dragged where) and whether the individual records were already in existence BEFORE you tried to link them - and no, there s now way to fix it without going into the raw database and "hacking" it

I thonk a more details, step-by-step explanation of what occurred may be helpful in determining what has happened.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

When I drag an item to the inventory list of a location it selects the lowest price of the range. ie. Greatsword Flame Tongue 501-5000gp. Is there a way to have it select the highest price instead? I want to use that as the starting point from which the merchant could be "haggled" down.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaGrim View Post
    When I drag an item to the inventory list of a location it selects the lowest price of the range. ie. Greatsword Flame Tongue 501-5000gp. Is there a way to have it select the highest price instead? I want to use that as the starting point from which the merchant could be "haggled" down.
    The system's not set up to read multiple prices (or price ranges) - in all honesty, I'm surprised it picked up any price at all!

When I wrote the "shop" function all the reference material at the time (to the best of my knowledge) didn't have price rages only single prices, so that's what it works off.

At the moment you'll have to adjust manually - I'll look into how price ranges are handled, but even just thinking about it now do we take the lowest price in the range, the highest, the average, or something else - and no matter which I decide on someones going to want the other - so what do we?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Put a selector on the location window somewhere - allow the GM to choose "low price", "high price", or "average price"...

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    Put a selector on the location window somewhere - allow the GM to choose "low price", "high price", or "average price"...
    What he said!

Blog Entries
    What ever you choose, I'm going to complain you didn't do it the way I wanted!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi! First of all I wanted to thank you for the amazing work. You extensions are incredibly useful when it comes to organize your data for a campaign. However, I kinda have a little problem when it comes to enter more than one line in some fields. For I don't know whether that's a FG issue, that those types of field can't resize according to what's written on them. I've added a couple images so you can see better what I mean.
    loc1.png
    loc2.png
    loc3.png

The same thing more or less happens when you click on the lock to stop the editing.

Would there be any way to allow it to show all the information by showing multiple lines?

Thanks for your time!!

Hi Einheri,

I don't think those fields are multi-line (from memory), which means they won't expand vertically.

I might look into making them multi-line, but it probably won't be for a while as I'm neck deep in other things at the moment.

Anyway, I'm glad you find the DOEs useful.

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10

Dulux, thanks for the great work!

Have you had a chance to look at the text overlay in 5e? The pop ups are formatted in such a way that the text is unreadable. Thanks!

Thread Information