FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Custom Dice?

Custom Dice?

Does anyone know how to edit the 3D dice in FG? I'm looking to put together a FATE-based ruleset, but I've never tried to make custom dice. I read somewhere on the Internet that someone had made a FATE extension, but I don't know what it's capable of. I'd like simple double-click rolling on the sheets to throw 4dF if possible. If not, I suppose I can simply do it via text in the chat box.

There is now a dF including in Fantasy Grounds - load up a CoreRPG campaign and you'll see it with the other dice (the last one on the right) and you can roll multiples by typing in chat, for example, /die 4dF

There has been a few threads discussing FATE rulesets in the last 2 months - do a search for fate in the forums and you'll find at least 3 threads with "FATE" in the title that discuss what is available and what can be done - including a few rulesets.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! I can probably just grab their work and mod it to my liking, then.

There's also a Fate ruleset. Still to be updated ti Fate Core but quite usable.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Sounds great. I'll get to work on it soon.

I'm still interested. Is there a way to change the graphics of the dice, preferably through some kind of extension based programming?

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare1 View Post
    I'm still interested. Is there a way to change the graphics of the dice, preferably through some kind of extension based programming?
    You can't change the graphics of the actual 3D dice that roll. But, you can then map those results to specific custom values. See the Warhammer FRP 3 ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/library/WFRP_3E.xcp or the Star Wars: Edge of the Empire ruleset: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Empire-FG-3-0

These use the <die> object to change the result displayed after the roll to a graphic icon: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/die.xcp

For example, for changing the result graphic of the d6:

Code:
    <icon name="d6icon" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.1" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.1.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.2" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.2.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.3" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.3.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.4" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.4.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.5" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.5.png" />
    <icon name="d6icon.6" file="graphics/dice/d6/d6.6.png" />
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Surely there's some way to mod FG to substitute new 3D models or something. Pull the dice into Blender and edit the faces? I have no idea how that's all handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianide View Post
    Surely there's some way to mod FG to substitute new 3D models or something. Pull the dice into Blender and edit the faces? I have no idea how that's all handled.
    Not at present.

It is in the FG wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40886

What would need to be done to make this work? I'm a software developer. Is there any way I could look at the code?

Thread Information