DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 35 of 37 First ... 253334353637 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kirerellim View Post
    From this file:
    Urist <<< No CR
    XP 134
    You must have a CR on the same line as the creature name - this is the way the parser recognises from among creature description text when the actual statblock starts.

See the Paizo statblock standard here: https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/...roduction.html
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

... well I feel stupid now >< Thanks so much lol

Ok, maybe I'm just missing something, but are spells and spell-like abilities not supposed to parse to the "Spells" tab? Because every time I parse a creature, I just get a list of spells on the "Other" tab. Is this working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Sithllama View Post
    Ok, maybe I'm just missing something, but are spells and spell-like abilities not supposed to parse to the "Spells" tab? Because every time I parse a creature, I just get a list of spells on the "Other" tab. Is this working as intended?
    Welcome to the forums.

Make sure you select "Parse Spells" in the Experimental settings section.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks! Wow I feel dumb, but yeah, that was definitely it. Thanks again for this awesome tool!

"Error on line 49: Error reading end tag." is message that I am getting on this one and I am not following what is causing the problem with it.
    Appreciate any assistance. Line 49 being the Hand of the Acolyte line in this.

Jevana 0132 T10 CR 12
    XP 19,200
    Drow noble cleric of Abraxas 12 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 115)
    CE Medium humanoid (elf)
    Init +8; Senses darkvision 120 ft.; Perception +23
    Defense
    AC 20, touch 14, flat-footed 17 (+6 armor, +1 deflection, +3 Dex)
    hp 88 (12d8+36)
    Fort +9, Ref +8, Will +15; +2 vs. enchantments
    Immune sleep; SR 23
    Weaknesses light blindness
    Offense
    Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
    Melee mwk rapier +9/+4 (1d6-1/18-20)
    Special Attacks channel negative energy 4/day (DC 17, 6d6), hand of the acolyte (8/day)
    Spell-Like Abilities (CL 12th; concentration +13)
    Constant-detect magic
    At will-dancing lights, deeper darkness, faerie fire, feather fall, levitate
    1/day-dispel magic, divine favor, suggestion (DC 14)
    Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 12th; concentration +17)
    At will-lore keeper (32), remote viewing (12 rounds/day)
    2/day-dispelling touch
    Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 12th; concentration +17)
    6th-find the path[D], heal, word of recall
    5th-greater command (2, DC 20), mass cure light wounds, true seeing[D]
    4th-cure critical wounds, divination[D], freedom of movement, unholy blight (2, DC 19)
    3rd-bestow curse (2, DC 18), cure serious wounds, dispel magic[D], invisibility purge, locate object
    2nd-death knell (DC 17), detect thoughts[D] (DC 17), find traps, hold person (DC 17), silence (DC 17), status (DC 17)
    1st-command (DC 16), comprehend languages[D], cure light wounds, obscuring mist, remove fear, shield of faith
    0 (at will)-bleed (DC 15), create water, detect poison, read magic
    D Domain spell; Domains Knowledge, Magic
    Statistics
    Str 8, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 21, Cha 12
    Base Atk +9; CMB +8; CMD 23
    Feats Alertness, Channel Smite, Combat Casting, Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Toughness
    Skills Acrobatics +1 (-3 to jump), Fly +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (arcana) +17, Knowledge (nobility) +6, Knowledge (planes) +8, Knowledge (religion) +9, Linguistics +6, Perception +23, Sense Motive +12, Spellcraft +14; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
    Languages Elven, Undercommon
    SQ poison use
    Combat Gear brooch of shielding, feather token (whip), scroll of word of recall, wand of cure serious wounds (4 charges); Other Gear mwk breastplate, mwk rapier, headband of inspired wisdom +2, ring of protection +1
    Special Abilities
    Channel Smite (Ex) Channel energy can be delivered through a Smite attack.
    Cleric Channel Negative Energy 6d6 (4/day, DC 17) (Su) Positive energy heals the living and harms the undead; negative has the reverse effect.
    Cleric Domain (Knowledge) (Ex) Granted Powers: You are a scholar and a sage of legends. In addition, you treat all Knowledge skills as class skills.
    Cleric Domain (Magic) (Ex) Granted Powers: You are a true student of all things mystical, and see divinity in the purity of magic.
    Combat Casting (Ex) +4 to Concentration checks to cast while on the defensive.
    Darkvision (120 feet) (Ex) You can see in the dark (black and white only).
    Dispelling Touch (2/day) (Sp) As a standard action, melee touch affects foe with targetted dispel magic.
    Drow Immunities (Ex) Sleep You are immune to magic sleep effects.
    Hand of the Acolyte (8/day) (Su) As a standard action, melee weapon strikes at foe in 30 ft, Use Wis for att bonus instead of Str.
    Light Blindness (Ex) Bright light blinds for 1 rd, then dazzled as long as remain in it.
    Lore Keeper (At will) (Sp) By touch, learn about a creature with a Knowledge check result of 32.
    Poison Use (Ex) You do not risk poisoning yourself accidentally while poisoning a weapon.
    Remote Viewing (12 rounds/day) (Sp) Use clairvoyance/clairaudience as a spell-like ability.
    Spell Resistance (23) (Ex) You have Spell Resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bansidhe View Post
    "Error on line 49: Error reading end tag." is message that I am getting on this one and I am not following what is causing the problem with it.
    Appreciate any assistance. Line 49 being the Hand of the Acolyte line in this.
    You have a "Domain Spell-Like Abilities" section. See post #2 of this thread - "Invalid Spell Like Abilities entries"

Thanks much, will check that out.

Hey Trenloe,

I have a huge file to parse and it only likes my first entry. From then on it has 1 error after another starting with start Index cannot be longer than string.

So how long is a piece of string?

This is the first of the problematic stat blocks :

SIMON THE HERMIT CR 6
    XP 2,400
    Male half-elf monk 7
    LG Medium humanoid (elf)
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +16
    DEFENSE
    AC 20, touch 20, flat-footed 20 (+1 class, +4 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Wis)
    hp 56 (7d8+14 plus 7)
    Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +9 (+13 enchantment)
    Defensive Abilities evasion, purity of body, slow fall 30 ft., still mind; Immune disease, sleep
    OFFENSE
    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee unarmed strike +7 (1d8+5) or flurry of blows +7/+7/+2 (1d8+5), or +1 flaming quarterstaff +6 (1d6+3 plus 1d6 fire) and +1 frost quarterstaff +6 (1d6+2 plus 1d6 cold)
    Special Attacks ki pool (7 points), stunning fist 7/day (stun or fatigue, DC 17)
    STATISTICS
    Str 15, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 11
    Base Atk +5; CMB +7 (+9 trip); CMD 27 (29 vs. trip)
    Feats Acrobatic, Combat Reflexes, Deflect ArrowsB, DodgeB, Improved TripB, Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Skill Focus (Acrobatics)B, Snatch Arrows, Stunning FistB, Two-Weapon Fighting
    Skills Acrobatics +19 (+26 jump), Climb +12, Fly +6, Perception +16, Sense Motive +14, Stealth +14
    Languages Common, Elven, Terran
    SQ elf blood, fast movement, high jump, wholeness of body

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Kronides

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Hey Trenloe,

I have a huge file to parse and it only likes my first entry. From then on it has 1 error after another starting with start Index cannot be longer than string.

So how long is a piece of string?

This is the first of the problematic stat blocks :

SIMON THE HERMIT CR 6
    XP 2,400
    Male half-elf monk 7
    LG Medium humanoid (elf)
    Init +4; Senses low-light vision; Perception +16
    DEFENSE
    AC 20, touch 20, flat-footed 20 (+1 class, +4 Dex, +1 dodge, +4 Wis)
    hp 56 (7d8+14 plus 7)
    Fort +7; Ref +9; Will +9 (+13 enchantment)
    Defensive Abilities evasion, purity of body, slow fall 30 ft., still mind; Immune disease, sleep
    OFFENSE
    Speed 50 ft.
    Melee unarmed strike +7 (1d8+5) or flurry of blows +7/+7/+2 (1d8+5), or +1 flaming quarterstaff +6 (1d6+3 plus 1d6 fire) and +1 frost quarterstaff +6 (1d6+2 plus 1d6 cold)
    Special Attacks ki pool (7 points), stunning fist 7/day (stun or fatigue, DC 17)
    STATISTICS
    Str 15, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 18, Cha 11
    Base Atk +5; CMB +7 (+9 trip); CMD 27 (29 vs. trip)
    Feats Acrobatic, Combat Reflexes, Deflect ArrowsB, DodgeB, Improved TripB, Improved Unarmed StrikeB, Skill Focus (Acrobatics)B, Snatch Arrows, Stunning FistB, Two-Weapon Fighting
    Skills Acrobatics +19 (+26 jump), Climb +12, Fly +6, Perception +16, Sense Motive +14, Stealth +14
    Languages Common, Elven, Terran
    SQ elf blood, fast movement, high jump, wholeness of body

Am I missing something here?

Cheers

Kronides
    Whenever you have issues, enable logging and look in the log when the first error occurs (don't click OK in the error dialog box, so the last lines of the log are relevant to the error). This will usually at least give you a clue as to what part of the statblock was causing the issue. In this case, the last lines of the log file were:
    Code:
    6/4/2018 8:32:42 AM: ReadWriteFormattedCreature: Making full attacks entry from: unarmed strike +7 (1d8+5) or flurry of blows +7/+7/+2 (1d8+5), or +1 flaming quarterstaff +6 (1d6+3 plus 1d6 fire) and +1 frost quarterstaff +6 (1d6+2 plus 1d6 cold) ,
    6/4/2018 8:32:42 AM: ReadWriteFormattedCreature: Error Message: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex must be less than length of string.
    Parameter name: startIndex
       at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex)
       at PFRPGFGCreatureParser.Form1.FormatSingleAttacks(String sAttacks)
       at PFRPGFGCreatureParser.Form1.ReadWriteFormattedCreature(StreamReader reader, XmlWriter writer)
    Giving a clue that the issue was in the attack line.

The issue here is the ", or" part - the Paizo statblock uses "," to mean "and" (joining multiple attacks together), having ", or" together is essentially saying "and or", which confuses the parser. Remove the comma and it should parse OK.

However, the "and" between the two quarterstaff entries will mean that the single attack won't work properly - change the whole line to conform to the Paizo statblock standard (using "or" to separate full attack options and comma to join single attacks together for a full attack option):

unarmed strike +7 (1d8+5) or flurry of blows +7/+7/+2 (1d8+5) or +1 flaming quarterstaff +6 (1d6+3 plus 1d6 fire), +1 frost quarterstaff +6 (1d6+2 plus 1d6 cold)
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 4th, 2018 at 16:56.

Thread Information