DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 37 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    Okay I'm having some problems importing a NPC made in PCGen.
    The clue's in the .fpf file: SPEED:30 ft. Ranged masterwork longbow (composite/+4) +11/+6 (1d8+4/x3)

This shows that it's having a problem around the speed and ranged sections of the Offense section. Looking at this section:
    Code:
    OFFENSe
    Speed 30 ft.
    Ranged masterwork longbow (composite/+4) +11/+6  (1d8+4/x3)
    Melee battleaxe +1 +13/+8  (1d8+6/x3)
    Melee shield +1 (heavy/wooden) +11/+6  (1d4+5)
    The two things here are:
    1. Melee should come before ranged.
    2. There should only be one melee entry per statblock, not two (or more).

Change the above 4 lines to the following 3:
    Code:
    OFFENSE
    Speed 30 ft.
    Melee battleaxe +1 +13/+8  (1d8+6/x3) or shield +1 (heavy/wooden) +11/+6  (1d4+5)
    Ranged masterwork longbow (composite/+4) +11/+6  (1d8+4/x3)
    These changes will allow the NPC to parse.

However... When you come to open this NPC in Fantasy Grounds you will get a "Database Error: A XML parse error occurred processing file..." error raised and the NPC won't open. The most common cause of this is the format of the special abilities section (the second most common is the spell list format). FG does some nice formatting in the special abilities section - separating each one into it's own paragraph and bold highlighting the ability name. This relies on two things:

1. The special ability headings having (sp), (su) or (ex) after the title.
    2. The paragraph preceeding the new special ability heading ends in a full stop (period).

Looking at the special abilities section of the statblock, the Favored Terrain (Plains) (Ex) line doesn't end in a period - add one in. Also remove the and duplicate line for "Wild Empathy" you should be able to open this NPC in FG without an issue.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Okay I had the longbow equipped and the battle axe carried, putting both of them in the carried section fixed the order. I'll find out why PCGen is outputing the Wild Empathy line.

I'm going to work with Andrew and Stefan about getting a custom plain text output sheet for parsing. That way we don't have to do too much cutting and pasting.

Although it would be really nice to just be able to use the xml sheet that already works for importing characters wink, wink, nudge, nudge you know what I mean Doug and John?

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    I'm going to work with Andrew and Stefan about getting a custom plain text output sheet for parsing. That way we don't have to do too much cutting and pasting.

Although it would be really nice to just be able to use the xml sheet that already works for importing characters wink, wink, nudge, nudge you know what I mean Doug and John?
    I haven't given this community app a go, so don't know how robust and detailed it is: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Module-utility
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Great work mate. Able to parse these critters from module, where PAR5E wasn't. Thanks heaps.
    Sydney Australia.
    GMT + 10
    DM 3.5

I'm going to start talking with Andrew to get a plain text file output of the Paizo statblock outputed from PCGen. Is it better that the text be ANSI, Unicode, or UTF-8?

ANSI will be safest.

https://jira.pcgen.org/browse/OS-394 hopefully Andrew or Stephan will be able to get to it in the next week or so.

Okay I'm having problems figuring out why it's balking on some NPC's I'm inputting from PCGen (again).

I can see it's messing up on Chenashi, Master Dunrat, Terjon, Vacra, and Xaod. I'm not sure why it isn't parsing the Madness Domain because it is a corerulebook domain. I can't see any reason on why it's messing up on Master Dunrat's spells, it's like it isn't seeing the spaces. And I don't understand what "Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero." is trying to tell me.

I think the Parser just does NOT like casters from PCGen.

Code:
    Reading data file: C:\Users\Nylanfs\Documents\PCGen_work\RttToEE_PFS\RttToEE_NPCs.txt
    Logging to: C:\Users\Nylanfs\Documents\PCGen_work\RttToEE_PFS\RttToEE_NPCs.txt.log
    Formatting creature stat block: CHATRILON UNOSH CR 5
    Formatting creature stat block: CHENASHI CR 1
    Formatting creature stat block: GRUNE  CR 1/3
    Formatting creature stat block: INGRITH  CR 6
    Formatting creature stat block: MARIDOSEN  CR 2
    Formatting creature stat block: MASTER DUNRAT  CR 4
    Formatting creature stat block: QUESTIN HIMMBLE  CR 3
    Formatting creature stat block: REDITHIDOOR HALFMOON  CR 1/2
    Formatting creature stat block: RUFUS  CR 7
    Formatting creature stat block: SEBBEKAI  CR 1/2
    Formatting creature stat block: SPUGNOIR  CR 6
    Formatting creature stat block: TERJON  CR 5
    Formatting creature stat block: TORIDAN  CR 1
    Formatting creature stat block: VACRA  CR 2
    Formatting creature stat block: XAOD THE SLAYER  CR 3
    Processing creature: CHATRILON UNOSH
    Processing creature: CHENASHI
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <madness> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Processing creature: GRUNE
    Processing creature: INGRITH
    Processing creature: MARIDOSEN
    Processing creature: MASTER DUNRAT
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <resistancedomainspelldomainsevil> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <madness> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <readmagiccleric> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
    Processing creature: QUESTIN HIMMBLE
    Processing creature: REDITHIDOOR HALFMOON
    Processing creature: RUFUS
    Processing creature: SEBBEKAI
    Processing creature: SPUGNOIR
    Processing creature: TERJON
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <readmagicdomainspelldomainslaw> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Cannot find spell XML element with name <protection> cannot parse this spell - skipping.
    Error in ReadWriteFormattedCreature, Message: Argument 'Start' must be greater than zero.
    Processing creature: TORIDAN
    Processing creature: VACRA
    Processing creature: XAOD THE SLAYER
    Written definition.xml and db.xml to : C:\Users\Nylanfs\Documents\PCGen_work\RttToEE_PFS\RttToEE_NPCs
    Module file created: C:\Users\Nylanfs\Documents\PCGen_work\RttToEE_PFS\RttToEE_NPCs.mod
    Parsing ended - check text above for errors.

The cannot parse spell messages aren't errors, and that's pretty normal for spell like abilities that aren't in the list of spells.

Taking a look at the other errors...

Thread Information