STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    I never posted it on the forums. Honestly I rarely use it any more. Normally I handle smite and so forth by having the player put the smite effect on themself, and then I drag the effect to the target of the smite, which accomplishes the same thing without the complicated IFT stuff in the effect. If there's popular demand I can post the extension though. It's pretty stupid simple and would be easy to expand in the future if the need arose.

See the "Optional Conditions" extension in the Extension List Thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

More on effect targetting can be found at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...p/3.5E_Effects

Specifically:

Targets: By default, effects are applied to relevant rolls for all targets. However, some effect components can be targeted (such as attack and damage modifiers). A targeting button is shown next to each effect entry, and can be dragged onto a CT entry or CT-linked token to specify that the effect is targeted to a specific actor or set of actors. Additional options to target all allies or enemies are available by right-clicking on the targeting button. The Targets field is hidden unless targets are defined. Click on the Targets field to clear the targets.
    Any effect that has (T) in the notes columns can be targetted in this way. It's a little more work on the GM, since only she can do this action. However, it is also more correct for things like Smite, because IFT doesn't limit the effect to a single target the way effect targetting does.

Is there any way to apply this to a weapon? E.g. I have a "Holy" weapon and I'd like the 2d6 to be added when I attack with that but not when I attack with something else which wouldn't really work with an effect that is applied to my char.

Quote Originally Posted by Ingalf View Post
    Is there any way to apply this to a weapon? E.g. I have a "Holy" weapon and I'd like the 2d6 to be added when I attack with that but not when I attack with something else which wouldn't really work with an effect that is applied to my char.
    Not directly. You'll have to add and remove effect manually when you're using or not using the weapon. Use the player effect removal extension to allow you to manage this process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Updated for FG 3.1.0 - you must upgrade to continue having alignment conditional effect functionality through this extension.

Note: as of FG 3.1.2 this extension is no longer needed. The functionality is provided in the FG through the align conditional effect

Post #1 contains the last version release of this extension (0.6.2) that is compatible with FG 3.1.2. This is provided purely to give backwards compatibility with effects made using this extension. Please start to migrate old alignment conditional effects to the new FG functionality. I will not be maintaining this extension going forwards as the functionality is now provided in FG.

NOTE: The Pathfinder version of this extension is not FG v3.1.3 compatible. Do not use this extensions anymore, use the base FG ALIGN(XXX) conditional operator as a direct replacement in your effects.

Thread Information