DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last

Thanks Trenloe. This is brilliant! Works perfectly for Smite Evil in testing just now. I added the 'DMGTYPE: force' element to the effect to account for the fact that the damage overcomes DR...this seems to work, but might I have problems with this?

Smite Evil; IFT: evil; ATK:3; DMG:1; DMGTYPE: force; AC:3 deflection

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    See now.. I knew you were up to the task.
    We'll it's not what you were asking for in post #4 - it *does* set the alignment as an effect (condition).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddin View Post
    Thanks Trenloe. This is brilliant! Works perfectly for Smite Evil in testing just now. I added the 'DMGTYPE: force' element to the effect to account for the fact that the damage overcomes DR...this seems to work, but might I have problems with this?

Might want to use the 'spell' damage type as 'force' will interact incorrectly with incorporeality and other things.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Glad you like it!

That looks pretty good, I can't see any problems with that - other than what Nickademus has just mentioned regarding incorporeal creatures.

Also, the usual effects issue with AC type stacking - currently AC type is not taken into account between effects and AC types on the Combat tab. In your above example this would mean that AC:3 deflection would add 3 to the AC even if there was already an AC deflection bonus in the base AC entry on the Combat tab.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 20th, 2014 at 21:35.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Aha, thanks for the tips. I didn't realise that about AC type bonuses not being properly taken into account for effects. So, just to check, which bonus types are correctly stacked? Is it just attack and damage bonus types, or are skill bonus types correctly stacked?

Blog Entries
    Aha, thanks for the tips. I didn't realise that about AC type bonuses not being properly taken into account for effects. So, just to check, which bonus types are correctly stacked? Is it just attack and damage bonus types, or are skill bonus types correctly stacked?
    Multiple Effects with the same type stack properly.. it's just the bonuses set on the combat tab that aren't considered when it checks for stacking issues.

A very common example is Mage Armor.
    If a Mage is wearing Leather Armor and has 2 AC on the Combat Tab.. you need to put a effect:
    Mage Armor;AC:2 armor
    instead of
    Mage Armor;AC:4 armor
    Additional effects that add armor after that point will function correctly.
    Last edited by Blackfoot; February 20th, 2014 at 21:25.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Understood. Thanks Blackfoot

The IFT: XXXXX; SAVE:YY issue that was identified with FG 3.0.2 has been fixed by Moon Wizard in 3.0.3 - way to go!

Yay!
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Do the Smite Evil examples above take care of this part of Smite Evil: "Regardless of the target, smite evil attacks automatically bypass any DR the creature might possess." Also, if the first swing is against an outsider the damage bonus is supposed to be 2/level instead of 1/level, do we need to handle that manually?

Thread Information